T
I'll be there.

97 SHO 98 CSVT #3456 03 FSVT
Q
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Q
Test-Dr you have a PM!!!

#3162 of 6535 98 SVT Silver frost Viper Responder 791 w/ 2way remote start Let the modding begin!
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
went to advance auto, here's wat I got:

manifold gasket set (should be upper/lower)

fuel pressure regulator

TB gasket

EGR gasket

PCV valve
(some of the stuff wont be there til friday though, picking up that morning, this totaled to $125 or so)

here's what they didn't have:

injector nose and upper injector O-rings

fuel rail - intake manifold seals

IMRC linkage grommets

UIM plastic retainer grommet

IAC gasket

guess I'll be going to the stealership tomorrow but the guy at advance auto said some of it might come w/ the "manifold gasket set"

1995 SE 2.5L V6/MTX 187k
J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
Originally posted by platinum_drew:

fuel pressure regulator

TB gasket

EGR gasket

PCV valve
(some of the stuff wont be there til friday though, picking up that morning, this totaled to $125 or so)

IMRC linkage grommets

IAC gasket

guess I'll be going to the stealership tomorrow but the guy at advance auto said some of it might come w/ the "manifold gasket set"

Danger danger Will Robinson...the fuel rail to manifold seals are hard to find. I cleaned out Jerry's Ford of them today, and they still had to get one sent in from Battlefield. He said Battlefield Ford was the only place in the area showing them in stock now, and they're not cheap, something like $8 apiece.

"Think of it, if you like, as a librarian with a G-string under the tweed." Clarkson on the Mondeo.
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Jeb you talking about the little orings for the injectors?? Just get those suckers from Advance

Ryan Trollin!
J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
No, these are 95-97 parts, just under 1" in diameter with a stepped lip. I asked about them at Advance and the system just shrugged.

From the how-to:
Quote:

Remove the fuel rail to intake manifold seals. You will need to replace these seals if they are older than 2 years! They become hard with time and fail to seal the fuel rail to the lower intake manifold, causing unmetered air to enter the head.

It's interesting to see the parts that the pre-98s require that the 98+s don't...I can't decide if the difference is cost-saving changes or design improvement changes.

"Think of it, if you like, as a librarian with a G-string under the tweed." Clarkson on the Mondeo.
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Originally posted by Jeb Hoge:
Originally posted by platinum_drew:

fuel pressure regulator

TB gasket

EGR gasket

PCV valve

IMRC linkage grommets

IAC gasket

Danger danger Will Robinson...the fuel rail to manifold seals are hard to find. I cleaned out Jerry's Ford of them today, and they still had to get one sent in from Battlefield. He said Battlefield Ford was the only place in the area showing them in stock now, and they're not cheap, something like $8 apiece.

crap. guess I'll see, the how-to says it's lke $13 bucks for 6, guess they were wrong. turning out to be a rather pricey day

1995 SE 2.5L V6/MTX 187k
J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
Yeah, I flinched a little at the bill for 'em too, but I guess that's what I get for not getting off my duff and ordering through Bill J. Also, since it's just for 95-97 Duratecs, I imagine that these may not be in-production parts anymore. I guess we'll see. Anyway, just think of the money saved in labor and the fun of DIY!

One other thing...it's going to be a hot day on Saturday, so everybody remember to bring plenty of cold beverages. I think I'll stock up my cooler with iced bottled water.

S
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
S
Well I ordered my stuff from Bill Jenkins a few days ago and I should be getting it today or tom.

- $58.32 (IAC valve) (to stop the moose)
- $7.82 (Tube)
- $.78 (IAC gasket)
- $1.40 (EGR gasket)
- $3.37 (SVT TB gskt)
- $12.70 x 2 $25.40 (UIM gasket)
- $10.13 x 2 $20.26 (LIM gasket)

Add $6 for S&H.

Total = $123.35

On Saturday the meeting time is at 9am and i'll have coffee and donuts. I have chicken and hotdogs that i'll be grilling in the afternoon and anything else you guys want you'll have to bring. Its BYOB and Tony2005 said he'll bring sodas and ice. Can someone bring a large cooler?

"Why do we drive on parkways and park on driveways?"
Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  Andy W._dup1, GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard