Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
Well here it is:

I hate this car sometimes

Oooh...I just noticed in the vid, it gave me a CEL that time...maybe i'll go get it scanned, but in the mean time, what do u guys think?

I live in Detroit, I couldn't give a **** how good my car is in the "twisties." "I could use a hundred people who don't know there is such a word as impossible." ~Henry Ford
A
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
A
Originally posted by 99SVT:
Well here it is:

I hate this car sometimes

Oooh...I just noticed in the vid, it gave me a CEL that time...maybe i'll go get it scanned, but in the mean time, what do u guys think?

Alternator? If I remember correctly, a dying alternator can make the gauges freak out. Get that code read and we can be more sure though...

98 Corolla LE 1.8L DOHC 1ZZFE TEIN H.Tech Springs Tokico HP series Struts Short ram air intake Tsudo Axel Back Exhaust ... if a jelly fish stung me.. would you pee on the wound?
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
not just the gauge freakin out, the engine is choking along with it. Gonna go get the code read now.

I live in Detroit, I couldn't give a **** how good my car is in the "twisties." "I could use a hundred people who don't know there is such a word as impossible." ~Henry Ford
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
P0320 Ignition/Dist Speed Input Circuit Malfunction

Doesn't seem to be a very common code. I'm thinking possibly new plug wires or a new coil pack?

Any sure fire way to test these before i go throwin money away on parts I don't need?

Any other ideas?

T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T

Doesn't seem to be a very common code. I'm thinking possibly new plug wires or a new coil pack?

Any sure fire way to test these before i go throwin money away on parts I don't need?

Any other ideas?

This is the pinpoint test.

http://www.contour.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=trouble&Number=608033&Forum=trouble&Words=P0320&Match=Entire%20Phrase&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Old=allposts&Main=607897&Search=true#Post608033

"Always do the cheap and easy ones first." 1996 V6 ATX 96K miles
R
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
R

Any other ideas?

You're on the right track.

http://www.visi.com/~rhanson/obdII_codes-full-text.htm

E0 Silver Frost CSVT #3095/6535 Alpine CDA-9851
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
So is there a way to determine if it's the wires or the coil pack?

R
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
R
So is there a way to determine if it's the wires or the coil pack?

The first thing I would do is check out all your wires and make sure there are no loose connections.

Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
already done, i think it may be the wires i noticed a few spots that look worn. How they got worn i have no idea. They are probably about 2 years and 40,000 miles old, so i might just replace them

R
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
R
Even if the wires didn't look worn, replacing them would be my first guess in troubleshooting your problem. So in your case, definitely go ahead and do that.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard