Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
E
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
E
BFH.

** Mike ** "You might beat me in a straight line, but I'll embarass you in the turns"
E
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
E
Originally posted by The EuroTour:
BFH.

Hum, I'm guessing that means, Big F_ Hammer. Correct?

MUST SELL - ECM computer new for a 98 V6 mtx + pats Now trolling in a Red Nissan 4 x 4
R
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
R
Correct.

Caliper (and both caliper bolts) is completly off the rotor, then there is nothing else holding it on.

Try some PB Blaster.. soaked two or three times every 15 minutes (optimally, leaving the last one 12 hours over night, then re-applying a 4th time for 15 minutes of soaking) then go at it with the BFH. Since you are replacing it (IF you are) then no worries in that respect.

Ray

'99 CSVT - Silver #222/276 In a constant state of blow-off euphoria.
Originally posted by Kremitthefrog:
I like to wear dresses and use binoculars to watch grandmas across the street.

S
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
S
when i changed my rotors and pads about a year ago the drivers side was frozen on so bad that even the BFH wouldnt break it loose. we had to drill 2 holes into the center hub of the rotor and then pry it off. i hope you dont have to do that it sucks

97 contour gl mtx front & rear upper strut tower braces 19mm bat sway bar Koni struts w/GC knockoffs
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
Make sure that you use a wire brush to clean the rust off the hub face and then apply some anti-sieze between the hub and rotor, including the area around the center hole so that it comes apart easier next time.

Unless you enjoy the frustration of needing top hit things with big hammers.

Jim Johnson 98 SVT 03 Escape Limited
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Some sort of rust penetrator....and a hammer...if the hammer doesnt work, get a bigger hammer.

2000 Contour SVT SF - #542 of 2150
E
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
E
Originally posted by posthuman63t:
Some sort of rust penetrator....and a hammer...if the hammer doesnt work, get a bigger hammer.

All right, a hammer it is. I have already soaked and resoaked them with PB Blaster... I'll let it soak overnight again, and then go at it with a hammer.

Thanks !

MUST SELL - ECM computer new for a 98 V6 mtx + pats Now trolling in a Red Nissan 4 x 4
B
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by posthuman63t:

...And if that hammer still doesn't work???

www.ChicagoCEG.com 2006 White Grand Prix
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
DON'T BEAT ON ROTORS WITH A BFH UNLEES YOU WANT TO REPLACE THE WHEEL BEARING IN A FEW WEEKS Not smart!

If you need to get it off and some persuasion with a reg ular hammer doesn't work. Don't go pulling out the sledge. You will need to cut the old rotor off with a diegrinder.

Cut down through one whole side of the friction srface and part way through the hat, avoiding cutting trhrough the hub itself. Then insert a chisel into the cut and hammer it in - the rotor will crack easily and you will be able to remove it.

Beating on it will a mallet will Brinnel the wheel bearing sand then a simple brake jobs ends up in a wheel bearing replacement.

2000 SVT Turbo 295hp/269ftlb@12psi #1 for Bendix Brakes Kits! Knuckles rebuilt w/new bearings $55 AUSSIE ENDLINKS $70 Gutted pre-cats $80/set A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine!
B
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
B
Bummer....You really know how to ruin a guys fun

www.ChicagoCEG.com 2006 White Grand Prix
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Andy W._dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard