Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#1353709 08/05/05 03:24 PM
T
Highly Medicated Member
OP Offline
Highly Medicated Member
T
This type of thread has appeared more frequently and appears to be a positive thing. CEG was founded upon the concept of helping others. We can apply that principal here in CI to employment. As a trial, and to begin with, please keep it to positions available only. Once we figure out how this operates we'll consider adding "I need a (higher paying, more vacation, slacker type) job posts." Just a few guidelines:

1. Keep it on topic
2. keep it serious (ie, legal)
3. Keep it genuine
4. Include basic details (Field, Location, minimum requirements)
5. Specific (use your judgement) details, follow up meetings and interview arrangements should be kept to PM's or eMail.

We'll try this for while and see how it goes.

Please post here with questions or comments. Better yet, help each other out and post about opportunities.

Mark

Semper Fi "They've got us surrounded. Poor bastards." -Chesty
C
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
C
Maybe a format for this? Edit if you would like:

Employer:

Job Location:

Job Description:

Job Field/Market:

Hours/FT/PT:

Job Requirements:

Pay(if known):

Benefits(if known):

Additional Comments:

E0 #4384 of 6535 Born Jan. 9 1998 My SVT from the ashes 147,466 miles, purchased Nov. 2002 @ 76,559 miles
C
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
C
And to get this ball rolling....

Employer: Nokia

Job Location: Roanoke, Tx (very close to Dallas/Ft. Worth)

Job Description: Cell Phone Refurbisher

Job Field/Market:Electronics/Cell phone industry

Hours/FT/PT: FT: 8a - 5p or 3p to 11p M-F and some Sat.

Job Requirements: High school graduate with at least some knowledge of how to operate a cell phone.

Pay(if known): $8.50 starting (varies on experience)

Benefits(if known): N/A at this time. I imagine some form of medical is offered.

Additional Comments:

It was my cousin who got hired. He just moved here 2 days ago and was hired. The contact is a close friend of my dads and through the grapevine I have learned they are looking for many more. Good for local DFW area ppl needing work.

E0 #4384 of 6535 Born Jan. 9 1998 My SVT from the ashes 147,466 miles, purchased Nov. 2002 @ 76,559 miles
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
This one is slightly different as it doesn't apply to a particular position but to a variety of constantly open ones....

I'm going to list 2 seperate descriptions, one for Management, one for Scheduled (Union) employees.

Employer: BNSF Railway

Job Location: Various Locations in 19 States, all West of the Mississippi

Job Description: Varied Management positions.

Job Field/Market: Transportation -- Railroads

Hours/FT/PT: Full-Time (and then some)

Job Requirements: At least a Bachelor's. Major not particularly important but Engineer's (BS') preferred. No previous work experience necessary.

Pay(if known): Approx $55,000+ to start

Benefits(if known): Full Benefits at Competitive Prices, 401K, Railroad Retirement (in lieu of Social Security). Probably the best benefits available outside of the military.

Additional Comments:
Not for the faint of heart, most positions in the railroad industry are for those who are definitely willing to work for their money. It is a 24/7 work environment and your schedule will be anything but 9-to-5. It is a high stress, high responsibility work environment. But you are well-rewarded with pay, benefits, and job security.

Additional info can be found at http://www.bnsf.com

2003 Mazda6s 3.0L MTX Webpage 2004 Mazda3s 2.3L ATX
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Employer: BNSF Railway

Job Location: Various Locations; 19 States West of the Mississippi

Job Description: Various Union Positions.

Mechanical -- Maintaining Locomotives and Freight Cars
Engineering -- Maintaining Bridges and Rail Infrastructure
Transportation -- Operating Locomotives

Job Field/Market: Transportation -- Railroad

Hours/FT/PT: Full-Time + Overtime as Needed. Union Position Only.

Job Requirements: High School Education. No previous work experience necessary.

Pay(if known): Varies.

Mechanical -- Starting at Approx $20/hr
Engineering -- Starting at Approx $20/hr
Transportation -- Starting at $65,000/yr

All come with Benefits Packages of approx $22,000/year

Benefits(if known): Full Benefits available at extremely minimal costs (depending on craft). Railroad retirement in lieu of Social Security (better benefits and more secure). Some crafts are offered 401k and other incentives per Union-negotiated contracts.

Additional Comments:
24/7 Work Environment. And, as a new guy, you'd probably be working the worst shift. But with just a high school education you'd be hard-pressed to find a better paying job. The work can be extremely strenuous and, if needed, overtime can be forced.

Additional information can be found at http://www.bnsf.com

2003 Mazda6s 3.0L MTX Webpage 2004 Mazda3s 2.3L ATX
Z
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Z

Employer: Mazda

Job Location: Tallahassee Fl

Job Description: Detailer/Porter

Hours/FT/PT: Full Time

Pay(if known): 10/hr or 75 cents/mile

Benefits(if known): Full Benefits

Additional Comments: Zoom-Zoom

T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Employer: Intier Automotive (Magna subsidiary)

Job Location: Excelsior Springs, MO

Job Description:Assembler of seating systems for the Ford Escape, Mazda Tribute, and Mercury Mariner

Job Field/Market:Automotive

Hours/FT/PT: FT- Either 5:30 AM or 5:30 PM depending on seniority. Average shift runs anywhere from 10-12 hours

Job Requirements: HS diploma or GED, assembly line experience

Pay(if known): Normal pay is $19.00/hr, but due to our new union contract , new hires are paid $1 less/hour for their first 6 months, and $.50/hr their second 6. After 12 mos. they are full scale.

Benefits(if known): Full medical, dental, vision at no cost, 401(k) with employer match at 50% of the first 4% of employee contribution. No charge life insurance up to 3 years' salary.

Additional Comments: It's a good job with good people to work with (not counting the requisite lazy ass union workers. Every union shop comes with them standard). Those that do work are a joy. Great benefits, excellent pay, and plenty of time off (2 week shut-down in July, 10 day shut-down over X-Mas/New Year, plus 2 weeks vac. and 2 weeks call in time.)

If you are in the market for a job in the KC area, shoot me off a PM. I'm not sure if they plan to hire soon, but I know they are accepting applications.

2000 Silver Frost SVT # 1637/2150 D.O.B. 01/14/2000
G
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
G

Employer: Uno Chicago Grill

Job Location: Northville, MI

Job Description: Server

Job Field/Market: Restaruant/Food

Hours/FT/PT: Mon-Fri 11am-5pm

Job Requirements: Highschool diploma

Pay(if known): $4.85 + tips

Benefits(if known): N/A

Additional Comments: Fast paced environment. Keeps you going throughout the day.

Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, this time more intelligently.
M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
I'm gonna call it now and say that if all that is posted here are local jobs paying minimum wage, this thread isn't going to make it far...

perhaps an "employment advice" thread about how to plan/manage a career, get into a certain field, etc. might be a little more helpful...

Diesel owns you
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Employer: Cox Communications

Job Location: Check www.cox.com for locations

Job Description: Field Service

Job Field/Market: Digital Communications (IE. Cable Tv, High Speed Internet, and Digital telephone or Voice or IP depending on Location.)

Hours/FT/PT: Full Time Only shift varies by location.

Job Requirements: Valid Drivers License and High School Graduate. Must pass a Drug Test and Physcial.

Pay(if known): $10.45 in Oklahoma, but higher is almost all over locations.

Benefits(if known): All Services offered by Cox are free. Insurance and many many others including Discounts through all major Auto makers.

Additional Comments: 75% of the job is performed outside in all weather conditions with limited to no supervision. Must climb poles up to and over 30ft. Some Gaffing requried. May work with up to 90v AC depending on Telephone system.

http://cox.com/CoxCareer/

Trollin the boards as of 9/23
Originally posted by GS474:
stock hp is never enough

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard