Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1353330 08/05/05 02:05 AM
I
OP Offline
I
Hey, Anyone else remember seeing a line-lock type brake lock designed for security use? Better yet, anyone know where I might find info on one. I am considering upgrading to a rear brake kit that would eliminate stock parking brake parts, this could be a good alternative.

Thanks

A
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
A
It's not just for parking, it's the emergency brake. Don't remove it if you drive the car on the street. I've had a brake line go, and you WILL wish you had it. And I'm not doubting you, I'm just wondering: how does a hydraulic parking brake work? Is there a spring that keeps pressure on a master cylinder in the console?

Last edited by Auto-X Fil; 08/05/05 02:19 AM.

-Philip Maynard '95 Contour [71 STS | Track Whore] '97 Miata [71 ES | Boulevard Pimp] 2006 autocross results
E
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
E
I think I remember what you are talking about. Its been awhile since I had seen one (I think Summit was the last place). It plumbed into the hard lines for two brake lines. When you turned the little key and then pressed the brake pedal the fluid couldnt get back into the master cylinder, effectively locking those brakes up. I think its description was using it as a anti-theft device.

Under no means would I want to get rid of the cable brake.

· Jon Miconi · Coming Soon! · 01 Cougar · 98 V70R

Moderated by  Andy W._dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard