Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 32 of 34 1 2 30 31 32 33 34
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
Then go look it up and prove me wrong. Posting a single passage is not taking it out of context unless you are ignoring passages near it that say the opposite or do not support the scripture which you are talking about. Neither of which are the case here. Thanks.

- Tim
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
No.

Proving or disproving the passage is not taking it out of context. No providing the information surrounding it IS.

That is the definition of taking it out of context.

1998 SVT Contour Silver Frost for sale in Classifieds.
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
Wrong again. Taking something out of context means if the surrounding passages are supporting a different outcome then the one you have established by the one passage. Thanks again. Nice try.

- Tim
V
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
V
Originally posted by Corbett:
Wrong again. Taking something out of context means if the surrounding passages are supporting a different outcome then the one you have established by the one passage. Thanks again. Nice try.

So you're saying the quotes you posted are in their proper context. This means none of the surrounding text will appreciably change their meaning.

E0 #36 '95 Ranger '82 Honda CX500
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B

Hang on... simple yes or no question time- did you supply ANY of the surrounding text?

1998 SVT Contour Silver Frost for sale in Classifieds.
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Originally posted by bishop375:

Hang on... simple yes or no question time- did you supply ANY of the surrounding text?

Honestly guys - give gives a rats ass.

The initial topic has been forgotten and it's come down to this pissing matcxh about correct quotation procedures.

Lets try and get back on topic before this digresses further.

2000 SVT Turbo 295hp/269ftlb@12psi #1 for Bendix Brakes Kits! Knuckles rebuilt w/new bearings $55 AUSSIE ENDLINKS $70 Gutted pre-cats $80/set A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine!
S
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by Stazi:

Honestly guys - give gives a rats ass.

The initial topic has been forgotten and it's come down to this pissing matcxh about correct quotation procedures.

Lets try and get back on topic before this digresses further.

Let the mods decide that. Corbett has been handing out rope and I'm hangin' around for the show.

Dueling Duratecs '95 SE V6 MTX 0 Mods '04 Mazda6 S Wagon '03 Kawasaki Z1000 But thus do I counsel you, my friends: distrust all in whom the impulse to punish is powerful! Friedrich Nietzsche
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C

No need to.

- Tim
B
BP_dup1 Offline OP
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
Quote:

Remarks by President George Bush

"Some of the comments that have been uttered about Islam do not reflect the sentiments of my government or the sentiments of most Americans. Islam, as practiced by the vast majority of people, is a peaceful religion, a religion that respects others. Ours is a country based upon tolerance and we welcome people of all faiths in America."

----

"All Americans must recognize that the face of terror is not the true face of Islam. Islam is a faith that brings comfort to a billion people around the world. It's a faith that has made brothers and sisters of every race. It's a faith based upon love, not hate."

this is just further proof that the extremist views on islam expressed by some on CEG do not represent the views of the majority of americans, christians, or any other non-extremist group here in the US.

it's truly disturbing how some people (corbett in particular) choose to interpret a couple passages in the koran to mean that islam is a terroristic religion and therefore all muslims are prone to be terrorists as well. not even our president whom you follow so faithfully supports your views.

there's been some good info and positive contributions in this thread. too bad some people choose to ignore it.

moderators can lock this thread at their own convenience. i'm bowing out of this one.

'03 Saab 9-5 Aero
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
Thanks for leaving! It's nice to se you support President Bush on SOMETHING. I forgot that as an American if I have a differing opinion then people on this thread that makes me unamerican and a terrorist.

I never said all Muslims are terrorists, however in my opinion and from my studies I have found that the Kroan in many places supports the killing of any who will not convert to Islam, which has been my whole point all along.

Perhaps my calling Islam a "terrorist religion" was a little hard and at that I will retract what I said. Obviously not ever Muslim is a terrorist. However, that does not change the fact that the Koran does in fact say in many places to kill the infadel (those who are not Muslim and will not convert). Weather or not a Muslim chooses to follow what the Koran says is up to them, however, the Koran is a religion based on law and one of its laws is in fact to kill those who will not convert. Does their choosing to not follow the law of their Koran make them a good person or a perhaps bad muslim?

- Tim
Page 32 of 34 1 2 30 31 32 33 34

Link Copied to Clipboard