Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 34 1 2 3 4 5 33 34
R
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
R
I can't beleive that some people are so scared that they would throw everything that this country is about in the trash. A little fear goes a long way I guess.

99 Contour Sport SE MTX KKM filter, B&M shifter No res, BAT kit Green car silver hood (because silver is faster)
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
I think the 3000+ that died in 9/11 would wish the airport screeners profiled that day....

"Moore has also accused the American people of being the stupidest, most naive people on the face of the Earth. And after last weekend, he's got the box office numbers to prove it!"
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Scared? No. However, when proper things are not put into place that can easily prevent another 9/11 type event, then that is just moronic. Do not put the blame on the people who want to do something to prevents, put the blame where it is needed. Either do it right, or do not do it at all. Random searches without profiling are just plain stupid. When was the list time you saw a 65 year old Jewish man blow himself up?

Originally posted by RT and his SE:
I can't beleive that some people are so scared that they would throw everything that this country is about in the trash. A little fear goes a long way I guess.

Ryan Trollin!
T
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by Corbett:
Originally posted by tiv:
... and if five hoodlums start running at me shouting not to move, I should assume those are undercover police officers and cooperate. Otherwise I might end up like that Brazilian guy did in the London underground.

Yeah, I mean what nerve they have to shoot a suspected terrorist who left from a suspected terrorist hideout in the middle of the summer while wearing a trenchcoat and then goes into a subway where bombings has just recently happened and then runs from the police INTO the subway when he is told to stop. THE NERVE OF THOSE DARNED POLICE OFFICERS!

Would you please tell me in what way could he have figured out that those people were actually police officers ?
He ran AWAY from the people he believed were attacking him.
I do not consider yelling "Police" to be a credible form of identification in such situations (if we assume his English was good enough to understand...)

And if you're saying it's OK to shoot a SUSPECTED criminal in the head right away, well, that's just one thing we do not agree on.

T.

T
Highly Medicated Member
Highly Medicated Member
T
100% for racial profiling. Why? Because it works. If you claim differently, I'm certain your local community college offers a 100 level class in statistics. Most likely, you'll have to have passed algebra as a pre-req.

Of course some of you will suggest I take an ethics/humanities/American Government class.
If you think life is supposed to be fair, get over it. It isn't, nor will it be. The same goes for the good ol' USofA. Constitutional rights? Hey, we have Amendments for that.

PS. I don't mind a bit having to take my shoes off to board a plane. When a cop yells at you, in any language, stop.

[yoda voice]Learn more one does by listening than by talking.[/yoda voice]

Semper Fi "They've got us surrounded. Poor bastards." -Chesty
R
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
R
Originally posted by 99blacksesport:
I think the 3000+ that died in 9/11 would wish the airport screeners profiled that day....

Nationally

In 2004, 42,626 people died in car accidents.
Cars: still legal.

In 2000, 3281 people drown in non-boating related accidents.
Swimming: still legal.

In 2003, 3145 people died in house fires. Cooking is the primary cause of residential fires.
Cooking: still legal.

In 1998, 30,708 people died from gun fire.
Guns: still legal.

In 2002, 2,443,387 died total from various cause in this country.
Life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness: still legal...for now.

99 Contour Sport SE MTX KKM filter, B&M shifter No res, BAT kit Green car silver hood (because silver is faster)
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Not sure if I understand the stats? How do these numbers have anything to do with racial profiling?

Seems to me that you are saying that if we allow profiling that somehow we must stop these other activities since they kill too? Well, if you are saying that we should ban these activities because people die you still make no sense. Profiling doesn't ban anyone from living in this country, it mearly states that we understand reality and the world we live in where an infinatly higher number of Arabs than whites are killing people in terrorist attacks. The last white terrorist attack was OKC, when was the last arab terrorist attack? Every damn day in some places of the world, in most others, London, WTC come to mind. Oh wait, there were no white men involved in those attacks, only arabs.

"Moore has also accused the American people of being the stupidest, most naive people on the face of the Earth. And after last weekend, he's got the box office numbers to prove it!"
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Good. They needed to do this a long time ago. I could care less if I get searched, and if some suspicious looking arab dude wants to board my plane, I hope he gets searched too.

If he isn't a terrorist at least he knows that people are trying to keep him safe too.

2000 SVT Turbo 295hp/269ftlb@12psi #1 for Bendix Brakes Kits! Knuckles rebuilt w/new bearings $55 AUSSIE ENDLINKS $70 Gutted pre-cats $80/set A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine!
R
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
R
You said the lives of 3000 should allow us to infringe on the rights of 10's of thousands of darker complected Americans. I'm just trying to make a list for the next knee twitch.

My big point is where does it stop? Hitler's deal looked like a pretty good thing at first but after awhile you were ether on board or dead. The Soviet Union...that didn't go so well either now did it. One of the first things to go in both cases were the peoples personal freedoms.
It's easier to hold on to what you have than fight to get back what you've lost.

G
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
G
this thread sickens me..

Page 3 of 34 1 2 3 4 5 33 34

Link Copied to Clipboard