Next Thread
Print Thread
#1348807 07/31/05 01:03 PM
V
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
V
I have a 99 contour 2.0 zetec engine. I changed the timing belt used the proper holding tool/metal bar I changed the small idler the tensioner and the belt but I have a rattling noise coming from the timing belt cover area I still have the top cover off. The noise goes away and comes back at times. When I first started the engine it started up I drove it around like 5 miles shut it off started it like 6 times then the last time I shut it off it wouldn't start back up without a jump start. I starts everytime with a jump runs good. But does anyone know what could be causing the rattling or why it doesn't start now without a jump?

99' royal purple contour
#1348808 07/31/05 02:17 PM
E
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
E
Did you get everything reassembled properly? the alternator/accessories could be loose and rattling. The serpentine belt rides so close to the cover it could be flapping and rubbing onto the timing cover if somthing is loose in it's path. I would check for loose bolts and check to see if you got all of the wiring reconnected to the back of the alternator. Be sure to check for cut or loose wires as well. Did you get the timing belt adjusted to proper tension? Check to see if the fuse for the alternador is still good. You may have shorted the wiring out for the alt and popped it if the battery was still connected when you took it out.

95 Contour, Custom EVO bodykit, 2.0l, PNP Focus head, Stage 2 cams, Je pistons, Eagle rods, 4in1header, 2.5" header back exhaust(complete stainless), D P nitrous, ram air intake, 10mm wires, flamethrower.

Moderated by  Lance Kinley_dup1, Loco4G63 

Link Copied to Clipboard