Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Originally posted by Big_B:
Originally posted by elraido:

You haven't met my girlfriend.
Was 99 the year the bumped up the hosepower from like 150 to 190 or something like that?

I am sure she has atleast 190, but I don't know the actual specs. I would expect it to be very similar to an SVT.

yeah 190's about right..but the tq is much higher than our meager 165...its iirc 220???

"Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but STUPID lasts forever."-Aristophanes. --93 pgt,headers,intake,borla=14.9 1/4mile
B
Big_B Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by tour96se:

yeah 190's about right..but the tq is much higher than our meager 165...its iirc 220???

Yeah, I guess that is what happens when you have a 2.5L against a 3.8L.

Black 2000 SVT Contour w/ Prairie Tan MSDS Headers | Magnaflow | Mirko Splitter | Fidanza Short Throw Shifter | Kenwood KVT-815 LCD/DVD
C
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
C
My Fiance has a 00' GT clone. That thing is quick if you just mash the accelerator. Of course hers is an Auto, but those v6's have a lot of torque. They die in the highend.
If she cant do a stick well, you got it. If she is worthy, you could have some trouble on your hands.

Best 2 out of 3 :-)

E0 #4384 of 6535 Born Jan. 9 1998 My SVT from the ashes 147,466 miles, purchased Nov. 2002 @ 76,559 miles
H
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
H
well it will boil down to the driver. But if u can get off the line close to hit the secondaries mark u will get her and keep going. The newer version v6 mustangs like the 2005 are the ones that u should be scared of not the 99 versions.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
C
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
C
Originally posted by Arhethia:
well it will boil down to the driver. But if u can get off the line close to hit the secondaries mark u will get her and keep going. The newer version v6 mustangs like the 2005 are the ones that u should be scared of not the 99 versions.

but his problem is going to lie in the fact that he said he's going to be racing on an 1/8 mile track...the stangs torque may be too much for that short of a run...eventually the svt will be able to pull on the stang,but that may happen too late in this case...if they were racing on a 1/4 track,i'd have to say he would have her pretty easily...but either way i think its going to be really close on an 1/8 mile track...and btw a 99 up v6 manual is quite capable of mid to high 15's,so even in the 1/4 the stang might be able to catch an svt if he is not on his toes..

anyway good luck man,and it will suck for you if she beats you

new,new ride! '99 svt black/mnb '95 mustang gt sold! '98 svt #800 sold!
S
SAV Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
So, the Contour has more power, lighter and is better looking...you should be the winner.

Yeah, because the look of a car really determines who traps first. Nice way to stick your opinion in there.

Moving on.

The Contour has 10 whopping extra horsepower, and is at a significant disadvantage as far as torque. Driveline losses are also more pronounced in that of a front drive vehicle. It further isn't helped by the fact that you have to wind a Duratec all the way to dang near 7000 RPM to make peak. If you screw up even one shift or hit the limiter just once, it's over and she will own your balls. Whether or not you'll like that is undisclosed.

She has no need to twist her powerplant all the way to redline like you do, so the chances of her hitting a limiter are slim to none.

If she's just a cocky girl looking to lay some rubber on your car then you'll probably take the run if you have driving experience and a knowledgable history of how to launch your car properly. If she's good, you better be on your toes and pray that you nail everything, because if you don't, rest assured when she's done poking fun at you, I'll be waiting right here on CEG to say, "Dang, that sucks."

Don't uptalk it either. I'm speaking this from experience. You DO NOT want to lose to a girl.

-SAV

Troll. 1997 VW Jetta MkIII GLS 5spd All hail my appearance on CEG!
E
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
E
Originally posted by SAV:
So, the Contour has more power, lighter and is better looking...you should be the winner.

Yeah, because the look of a car really determines who traps first. Nice way to stick your opinion in there.

Moving on.

-SAV

Wow, i guess humor really gets to ya. So what if he "stick"s in his opinion, you just did the same.

-ivan

S
SAV Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Mine was relevant to the subject. Looks of the vehicles has nothing to do with how they are going to perform.

Good job sticking your nose in though. Great contribution to the thread.

-SAV

Troll. 1997 VW Jetta MkIII GLS 5spd All hail my appearance on CEG!
E
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
E
Had you read my post, you might not have posted what you did. Speaking of contributions, your last post isnt any better now is it. I guess next time ill ask permission before posting something .

-ivan

Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
I have run that race.

I won so should you.

I was ahead the whole way too, so you should be ok on a 1/8 mile track.

I live in Detroit, I couldn't give a **** how good my car is in the "twisties." "I could use a hundred people who don't know there is such a word as impossible." ~Henry Ford
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  mbb41_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard