Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 17 of 18 1 2 15 16 17 18
J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
sounds like a much easier job to me as well

05 Chevy Colorado z71 4x4 *for sale* 97 Honda Accord 4door track whore *12.9 N/A* (blown and wrecked) 97 Honda Accord 4 door 03 Eclipse GS
J
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
J
â??Just when I thought that I was outâ?¦ they pull me back inâ?

Well... itâ??s not that often I am totally surprised anymore. I received an email last night followed by a very surprising (and pleasant) telephone conversation.

Seems there is a lurker on this board, someone who, completely without my knowledge, has been following my posts with great interest. Been doing it a while to, probably since my visit to his home last year.

Bottom line, I no longer own a Contour or any Contour parts. I sold the whole lot, including the car, for a dollar (and some very serious promises concerning grades and so forth).

It looks like the first car on my new lift this fall actually will be a certain low mileage (22K); super clean 1996 Ford Contour with 2.5L and ATX. Somebody is going to get an intensive introduction to just about every aspect of automotive maintenance, repair and improvement!

Iâ??ll post some details of this, but here is a hint. Imagine being 16 years old with a fresh learnerâ??s permit, dreaming about that first car... and finding out online that your uncle is planning to give you a car! Then watch as this uncle basically gives away a big pile of really neat modification and performance parts for that same car! The horror of it all!

I frankly donâ??t know if I could have stayed quiet for as long as my nephew did! He was obviously hard at work learning everything he could about Ford Contours.

The whole dollar sale thing was fun while it lasted â??? and three CEGers for sure would agree with that!

Nephew, I know you are reading this. Never doubt my seriousness about grades and safe driving... I will see you later in VA!

99 Tropic Green SVT, Tan Leather, 20K miles, "Nice Twin" (factory stock). 99 Tropic Green SVT, Tan Leather, 28K miles, "Evil Twin" (Turbo AER 3L and more in progress) 96 Red LX, Opal Grey Leather 2.5L, ATX, 22K miles
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
JED, I'm sure if we traced our roots back to place of family origin that we are somehow related.... Now how 'bout that BAT setup? Well congrats to the little guy anyway.

99 Black SVT -3L Hybrid w/.5mm overbore, Spec clutch/flywheel, MSDS, BAT intake, K&N open, 17'Konig Tantrums, DMD, Opt. TB & Y, Powerslots, Bassani w/ magnaflow res. 96 SE MTX- "The War Wagon" "I'm in love with my car..." -Queen
T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by JEDsContour:
.... (and some very serious promises concerning grades and so forth)......

Nephew, I know you are reading this. Never doubt my seriousness about grades and safe driving...

Good for you Jed. And congratulations Jed's nephew. Welcome to Contour.org!

"Always do the cheap and easy ones first." 1996 V6 ATX 96K miles
J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
Now THAT is an excellent sale. I hope you help your nephew learn to drive it safely and well, to boot. Get him into some advanced driver training once the car's done!

Maybe when your garage is done, some of us Virginians can work in a CEG visit.

"Think of it, if you like, as a librarian with a G-string under the tweed." Clarkson on the Mondeo.
R
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
R
Best sale yet! Congrats JED's-nephew

Q
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Q
Originally posted by rkneeshaw3.0:
Best sale yet! Congrats JED's-nephew

#3162 of 6535 98 SVT Silver frost Viper Responder 791 w/ 2way remote start Let the modding begin!
R
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
R
hear hear!!!!

Congrats!

Ray

'99 CSVT - Silver #222/276 In a constant state of blow-off euphoria.
Originally posted by Kremitthefrog:
I like to wear dresses and use binoculars to watch grandmas across the street.

C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
That's awesome for him. He is a sneaky sneaky little guy.

Get him on CEG for sure if he decides to mod the car later.

Congrats to him.

Tony 1998 SVT Contour (B/MB) #542 3L 1998 SVT Contour (SF/MB) #1266 parts car 2000 SVT Contour (SF/MB) #1533 3L swap to begin!
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Well, it has been fun! JEDs antics have brought back my mod bug... So now instead of waiting for the BAT struts, I'll have to buy a set. That'll put my FSVT brakes & header purchases on hold for a short while. This episode of cyber history has been good for CEG, certainly.

So, let's see, a modded '96 minus headers, wheels/tires, and what was that 3rd thing? Bosal exhaust system? Deal for you, young man!

Ya spread the love, thanks Jim!

JimR

Must be that jumbly-wumbly thing happening again.
Page 17 of 18 1 2 15 16 17 18

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard