Print Thread
Page 13 of 18 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 17 18
M
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
Originally posted by RogerB:
Originally posted by mystique97:
Common, I need those dang struts and springs, I think my struts are going bad, they are starting to creak.
Just don't post them up tonite and it'll be ok.
I work tonite.

J/K, I do work tonite tho, but you can post them anytime,(of course it's your sale) I'll find some springs and struts for a decent price somewhere I'm sure.

Anyone wanna get rid of LOW mileage SVT struts and springs.

I have some early SE springs I was going to put on Ebay, but...

Not sure if that helps you or not. (They wouldn't work with SVT struts, for instance.)

I don't need spring, I just got one replaced a few weeks ago, and I figured if I'm gonna need all new springs and struts soon, might as well upgrade them all.
This here is a good oportunity, but oh well if I don't win them no big deal I guess.
Thanks for the offer tho.

Last edited by mystique97; 08/02/05 06:57 PM.

Jason G. 1997 Mercury Mystique GS ZETEC ATX Born: 11/96
R
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
R
Originally posted by JEDsContour:
Originally posted by SVT PETE:
I think he's a Software Developer.

To be all dramatic, I am a physicist working in the field of what used to be call artificial intelligence. My training and background are in nuclear physics, but I have not done any practical work in that area since the 80s

The tools I work with are best described as evolutionary programming (genetic algorithms) guided by neural nets.

I am not building systems that are self-aware or any mystical crap like that. I am developing practical decision-making and optimization engines. Simply stated, I am making certain types of weapon systems smart enough that when activated, they kill what they are supposed to regardless of how far outside their design specifications the environment varies. They learn and they adapt â??? and they remember. The vault I was trapped in during Suniel's SVT auction was not protecting currency.

The fire control and maneuvering system I am now designing will use a modest number of parallel processing nodes (256) and will still be extremely smart â??? about as smart as a cockroach. For machine intelligence, this is extraordinary.

woh, sounds pretty intense...i know my prof at Brandeis did some AI stuff with machines but probably not anywhere near your magnitude. i nominate all terrorists to be your test subjects if you get everything all set up though since "they kill what they are supposed to regardless of how far outside their design specifications the environment varies"

A
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
A
A guy here at Lockheed did some work on neural nets and emergent behavior - really cool stuff! It sounds like you found a nice niche in your field!

I know what you mean about descibing your job. I'm a computer engineer, so I let it go at that. When people ask what I really do, it gets hairy! There's just too much backround knowledge needed for a brief, accurate description.

-Philip Maynard '95 Contour [71 STS | Track Whore] '97 Miata [71 ES | Boulevard Pimp] 2006 autocross results
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
In that field, in that location, I suspected you might be involved with some sort of AI or other programming for military applications, but I was not going to say anything...

In the early 80s, there was a lab or two experimenting with data storge on cubes of inert gas. Coulda been a huge boom to the tech sector if it had panned out. I've also gotten wind of some nano-technology projects that were quite scary.

Up until recently, I had been reading publications by Theo Pavlidis. Bright guy. Imaginations Engines, Inc. is an interesting company I've come across in my meanderings on the internet. Am I close?

Must be that jumbly-wumbly thing happening again.
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
If you're feeling generous, which you obviously are, I am pretty excited about the BAT suspension. Maybe a little too excited.

99 Black SVT -3L Hybrid w/.5mm overbore, Spec clutch/flywheel, MSDS, BAT intake, K&N open, 17'Konig Tantrums, DMD, Opt. TB & Y, Powerslots, Bassani w/ magnaflow res. 96 SE MTX- "The War Wagon" "I'm in love with my car..." -Queen
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Originally posted by CLASSVT:
If you're feeling generous, which you obviously are, I am pretty excited about the BAT suspension. Maybe a little too excited.

Seems a lot of people are. Myself included.

Must be that jumbly-wumbly thing happening again.
G
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
G
Ohhhh pleaaaase lemme snatch that Aussie bar!!

Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, this time more intelligently.
E
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
E
Originally posted by SVT PETE:
I think he's a Software Developer.

God knows I have written a lot of software and it's the part of my work that is easiest to describe.

To be all dramatic, I am a physicist working in the field of what used to be call artificial intelligence. My training and background are in nuclear physics, but I have not done any practical work in that area since the 80s

The tools I work with are best described as evolutionary programming (genetic algorithms) guided by neural nets.

I am not building systems that are self-aware or any mystical crap like that. I am developing practical decision-making and optimization engines. Simply stated, I am making certain types of weapon systems smart enough that when activated, they kill what they are supposed to regardless of how far outside their design specifications the environment varies. They learn and they adapt â??? and they remember. The vault I was trapped in during Suniel's SVT auction was not protecting currency.

The fire control and maneuvering system I am now designing will use a modest number of parallel processing nodes (256) and will still be extremely smart â??? about as smart as a cockroach. For machine intelligence, this is extraordinary.

It will impress me greatly if someone here will post the number of US patents currently held by machine intelligences (or at least the corporation that owns the code).

The â??futureâ? is coming at us all much faster than anyone believes. Hang on for the ride.

I am a CIS major and have taken the AI classes...cool stuff, but program in Lisp is really really wierd and abstract. What type of language are you using to program in?

95 SE MTX svt exhaust intake deer killer
A
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
A
Wellâ?¦I sold the Rousch Racing wheels and tires for a $1.

So who got them?

-Philip Maynard '95 Contour [71 STS | Track Whore] '97 Miata [71 ES | Boulevard Pimp] 2006 autocross results
J
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
J
Originally posted by elraido:
I am a CIS major and have taken the AI classes...cool stuff, but program in Lisp is really really wierd and abstract. What type of language are you using to program in?

C++ and C#.

Yes, LISP is very weird! Manipulating code as data is the most important concept I think came out of LISP. Genetic algorithm genome manipulation (crossover and mutations) is similar to this. I would not suggest learning LISP for anything but a hobby nowadays however.

Believe it or not I used to be a really big fan of Visual Basic. I developed a massive discrete event design environment and compiler for testing software defined radio networking algorithms and agents ENTIRELY in Visual Basic. The user builds the scenarios graphically and can play them back and forth for debugging. The application is called "COMTEST Scenario Generator" and is sold by SAIC for $20,000 a license. The outputs are used to drive OPNET simulations.

I also developed a radar physics and engagement simulator called the "Position Time Sensor Simulator" for a company called SPC. SPC uses this for maritime and space radar modeling (Navy and BMDO) - again all in Visual Basic.

There are a handful of other commercial products I have developed, "Extract" used for automated infrared image analysis at the Naval Research Laboratory indoor Range, "RAMSCAT" a physics based multilayed dielectric performance and design tool (Radar absorbing materials) used with XPatch, "MAM" a genetic algorithm based optimization engine for calculating ship control inputs to successfully transit littoral minefields, "GARP" a genetic algorithm based route planning tool for cruise missile operation in defended areas, â??STAM" a time dependent thermal analysis model for calculating (and controlling) temperature transients in planar phased array radar antennas, and on and on.

I just recently accepted a position at Lockheed Martin Maritime Systems and Sensors to develop various IR&D projects related to a really amazing weapon system concept. Although I am senior staff, I donâ??t have to â??manageâ? anything and all I do is think about technology. I have broad autonomy to pursue whatever interests me. This weapon must be completely automated and must operate in one of the most demanding and constantly changing environments on earth. The engagement timelines are so compressed that there is no possibility for human decision making contributions.

It's my dream job come true!

99 Tropic Green SVT, Tan Leather, 20K miles, "Nice Twin" (factory stock). 99 Tropic Green SVT, Tan Leather, 28K miles, "Evil Twin" (Turbo AER 3L and more in progress) 96 Red LX, Opal Grey Leather 2.5L, ATX, 22K miles
Page 13 of 18 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 17 18

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard