Print Thread
Page 6 of 18 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 17 18
#1347292 07/30/05 06:51 AM
L
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
L
Originally posted by Matty K:
Then it has a handling fee of only $5995!

'99 Silver svt For sale 19" Axis Neo wheels 3.0 parts, pre-98 trunk, Check classifieds bp.powell@comcast.net
#1347293 07/30/05 03:23 PM
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Originally posted by JEDsContour:
I promised to be able to do this in less than a day, but now I am not sure if that is possible. I honestly donâ??t think there is any way at all I can be fair about it.

I wince thinking what might happen when I list the wheels and tires or some of the other rarer parts.

In the end, this is really just an unusual and dramatic way of focusing attention on how people comport them-selves on this board and directly contribute to CEG.

Despite all of the hassle & potential for screw ups, this is a fantastic idea. Look at all the donation posts in the CEG Finances thread. I haven't seen that much activity since the last financial crisis, & the SZ money is filtering in now so there are no worries for at about a year if we don't blow the wad on software...

Must be that jumbly-wumbly thing happening again.
#1347294 07/30/05 04:34 PM
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
I didn't win Oh well, congrats, hope i do get lucky, espicially on brake parts since i'm near death, brett knows this!

~Alex Ex- SVT Driver627 MUST SELL!!!LOCAL: Pre-98 MOLDED trunk Polk db speakers Corolla parts LED Underbody Kit PM 2000 Green CSVT gone on 2/17/06 2001 Toyota Corolla (SHE RUNS!!!) 1989 Mustang LX 5.0
J
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
J
I sent out the headers and Bosal exhaust this morning. The exhaust went in two big boxes via DHL. The headers are UPS. I will PM the guys when I get tracking numbers.

I'm trying to decide how to do the rest of this. Maybe four or five (or more) classified ads: I'm trying to put the retail value at about $500 to $700 per classified ad while keeping a consistent theme for each. The 5 Rousch Racing wheels and tires have the largest remaining single item monetary value - but I don't want to split them up.

Any ideas on what would make sense? There is a near complete parts list in another thread, though I keep finding more stuff to add - like a brand new DMD and specialty suspension alignment tools.

This was (maybe) a crazy way to do this, but now that Iâ??ve started I feel committed to the process. A few people have suggested holding a raffle using donations to Lance for CEG site maintenance instead of tickets (say a $20 donation per ticket?). I like this idea for the wheels and tires and if I can work out the logistics may make them the last of the â??salesâ? using that tactic. If I do this, everyone who has donated at least that much since I started this last week will get a ticket!

One thing that surprised me a bit when I started looking at offers was the sheer number of really great people that frequent this site. Looking at the post histories it became clear that the rudeness and bad taste Iâ??ve seen so much of lately is not the general rule â??? it just tends to sticks out.

I really wish I had a dozen of those damn loud beautiful exhausts to give away!

At some point long after this is over I will share some of the PMs I received from people trying to convince me to send them parts (without revealing the writers CEG name). Unbelievable and occasionally hilarious â??? though I suspect the intent was not always humor!

99 Tropic Green SVT, Tan Leather, 20K miles, "Nice Twin" (factory stock). 99 Tropic Green SVT, Tan Leather, 28K miles, "Evil Twin" (Turbo AER 3L and more in progress) 96 Red LX, Opal Grey Leather 2.5L, ATX, 22K miles
A
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
A
I really like the raffle idea. I also understand not giving away parts to ass-clowns, but picking out the "nicest guy" to give them too will only get harder! A random drawing (with a post-draw ass-clown check) would be very impartial, and raise money for the site. Thanks for doing this, all the mods-poor people like me now have hope!

-Philip Maynard '95 Contour [71 STS | Track Whore] '97 Miata [71 ES | Boulevard Pimp] 2006 autocross results
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Originally posted by Auto-X Fil:
I really like the raffle idea. I also understand not giving away parts to ass-clowns, but picking out the "nicest guy" to give them too will only get harder! A random drawing (with a post-draw ass-clown check) would be very impartial, and raise money for the site. Thanks for doing this, all the mods-poor people like me now have hope!

Agreed, I like this idea too. Hopefully I spot that Magnaflow res. when he puts it up. I'd like to get one of those to go with my SVT exhaust when I get that from Chris (tour96se)...

This really is an awesome thing that you're doing, just make sure that you don't go broke doing it! I know by looking at the list of parts and whatnot that you have spent quite a bit of time collecting parts and also quite a bit of money. I guess what im trying to say is be sure that you're not screwing yourself by helping us out with really nice/cheap parts for our cars.

That was pretty funny about the car shipping/handling thing! I got a good laugh outta that!

1999 Mystique LS V6 Alpine CDA-9807, Rear deck sub, Opt. TB, K&N RU-3530/MAF adaptor, custom heatshield, FSVT 17's, SCT 4-program chip, Eibach's/ST200's, Hella Fogs...
J
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
J
Originally posted by 99Mystique ATX:
This really is an awesome thing that you're doing, just make sure that you don't go broke doing it!

No problem! Life has been kind to my wife and I in recent years.

99 Tropic Green SVT, Tan Leather, 20K miles, "Nice Twin" (factory stock). 99 Tropic Green SVT, Tan Leather, 28K miles, "Evil Twin" (Turbo AER 3L and more in progress) 96 Red LX, Opal Grey Leather 2.5L, ATX, 22K miles
E
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
E
I definitely agree with the raffle idea. I was thinking about donating to CEG and now this just more solidifies my decision, although I no longer have paypal to do so which makes things slightly harder

98-98.5 Silver Contour SVT short shifter Panasonic HU 2 12" MTX 8000's MA Audio mono block amp homemade box
R
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
R
I certainly think this is a worthy idea, though I can see a few potential problems with narrowing choices to those who donate monetarily, or to those who have only donated in the last week.

Some donated before this week, others donate tons of time/help.

I could certainly use a DMD, but i haven't got $20 or more after a new baby... see my point?

Ray

'99 CSVT - Silver #222/276 In a constant state of blow-off euphoria.
Originally posted by Kremitthefrog:
I like to wear dresses and use binoculars to watch grandmas across the street.

T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by Ray:
I certainly think this is a worthy idea, though I can see a few potential problems with narrowing choices to those who donate monetarily, or to those who have only donated in the last week.

Some donated before this week, others donate tons of time/help.

I could certainly use a DMD, but i haven't got $20 or more after a new baby... see my point?

Ray

I agree with ray.

Page 6 of 18 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 17 18

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard