Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 45 of 53 1 2 43 44 45 46 47 52 53
#1346900 04/28/06 04:39 PM
M
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
M
they should just mark it as "offroad use only" and be done with it. DOT sucks and Morette shouldn't lower the quality of their product to meet DOT's (sub)standards. Their original euro specs were fine.

morbid 2000 Contour SVT (black)
#1346901 04/28/06 05:48 PM
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Originally posted by morbid:
they should just mark it as "offroad use only" and be done with it. DOT sucks and Morette shouldn't lower the quality of their product to meet DOT's (sub)standards. Their original euro specs were fine.

IMO, they would limit their market even more so their market because I wouldn't buy them because I would fail my state inspection because of that. Fact of the matter is CEG is impatience for a superior product, that most likely alot of members can't afford. I'd much rather wait for a great product than rush just for a good product.

Ryan Trollin!
#1346902 04/28/06 06:02 PM
M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
Originally posted by We Todd:

IMO, they would limit their market even more so their market because I wouldn't buy them because I would fail my state inspection because of that. Fact of the matter is CEG is impatience for a superior product, that most likely alot of members can't afford. I'd much rather wait for a great product than rush just for a good product.

So they limit their market because you won't buy them LOL!
Well your state sucks! Just swap the factory headlights back in. If you get pulled over for headlights then i really feel bad for your legislature for passing laws that are downright stupid.

I'm just saying odds are that I am going to build my own headlights because they have taken over a year to create something for a car that has been dead for 6 years! I am speaking solely from a business perspective! They had it finished...turns out the panels on a contour don't line up...figures! It should've been for sale by now and the (off road use only) would've been more than adequate! Mickey is driving around with illegal headlights. I have illegal bulbs in my car. You really are the most anal man ever. Follow the law to a perfect T.

Theri opportunity to strike while the iron was hot has long since past! I just do not understand WTF they are thinking. I can go around and name so many things on my car that aren't technically legal. You want some DOT headlights keep it stock. Morette needs to say [censored] it and get these to the public already!

Born again on 04/09/06 FOR SALE: Moonroof glass and motor MB sunshade PM ME!
#1346903 04/28/06 06:37 PM
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Originally posted by MapOfTaziFoShoĆ¢ā??Ā¢:
Originally posted by We Todd:

So they limit their market because you won't buy them LOL!
Well your state sucks! Just swap the factory headlights back in. If you get pulled over for headlights then i really feel bad for your legislature for passing laws that are downright stupid.

I'm just saying odds are that I am going to build my own headlights because they have taken over a year to create something for a car that has been dead for 6 years! I am speaking solely from a business perspective! They had it finished...turns out the panels on a contour don't line up...figures! It should've been for sale by now and the (off road use only) would've been more than adequate! Mickey is driving around with illegal headlights. I have illegal bulbs in my car. You really are the most anal man ever. Follow the law to a perfect T.

Theri opportunity to strike while the iron was hot has long since past! I just do not understand WTF they are thinking. I can go around and name so many things on my car that aren't technically legal. You want some DOT headlights keep it stock. Morette needs to say [censored] it and get these to the public already!

I hope they don't make them at all with that kind of an attitude you have in regards to a company trying to produce a great product for this car.

And for hte record, I don't follow every law to a t as I should, as I am a rebel with headers, however around here with cops being anal, I don't want to give them an obvious excuse to pull me over.

Last edited by We Todd; 04/28/06 06:48 PM.

Ryan Trollin!
#1346904 04/28/06 08:29 PM
A
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
A
Someone should just start a mailing list for when these actually do come out. I check this post once a week every week for way to long. I am tired of coming back to the site just to check on the lights.

95 SES Sold 99 SE Sport Sold 99 SVT T-Red Tan Interior. K&N, Magnecors, 19' Theorys, And some audio stuff.
#1346905 04/28/06 08:57 PM
M
m!key Offline OP
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
M
i have emailed patrick at morette usa and asked him to sign up here an answer your questions and concerns. the thing i suggest is a little patience. if you would like to contact patrick email him at patrick@moretteusa.com.

Oo (xxx)oO o xxxxxxxx o
#1346906 05/01/06 05:48 PM
M
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
M
I've been looking into radar/laser detectors/jammers. Seems that lasers usually use the reflective front headlights. I'd guess these lights would not bounce the signal back as much as OEM lights.

#1346907 05/01/06 05:53 PM
M
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
I've been looking into radar/laser detectors/jammers. Seems that lasers usually use the reflective front headlights. I'd guess these lights would not bounce the signal back as much as OEM lights.

It wouldn't be enough to matter. You don't see BMWs never getting tickets because they have projectors.

[color:"green"]-Matt R

'99 Tropic Green LX, Zetec, ATX
#1346908 05/01/06 09:05 PM
M
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
M
The site I was reading said that Intrepid lights (huge) are easier to target.

http://www.radarbusters.com

#1346909 05/05/06 06:25 AM
W
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
W
Originally posted by m!key:
AWESOME! AWESOME! AWESOME!
harold told me that my car wasnt proportional and i believed him until i put the morettes on wa2tuffs car. the lights looked exactly the same. same gaps and same problems. i can post pics of mine and wa2tuffs car to show you.

mods can we unsticky this one and have BDK start a new thread to be stickied? thanks BDK for serving your country and getting the lights turbo charged!

Mikey's right.......his car and mine were exactly the same. These lights look 100% better. The gaps appear to have been taken care of, especially on the top edge. Hopefully the bottom edge is better, but it was hard to tell in the pix. And again, many thanks to BDK for his help and input.

WA 2 TUFF SVT 2000 Tropic Green SVT Born 1/28/2000-1975 out of 2150-only 207 made. Some new pics
Page 45 of 53 1 2 43 44 45 46 47 52 53

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard