Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
D
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
D
So hereâ??s the real truth on these GC ebay knockoffs..

(Link: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33586&item=7988358045

Stazi installed these exact ones on my SVT yesterday. Not the other ebay coilovers, but these exact ones. Stazi believes they are exactly the same as the ground control, just â??different colorâ?.

Now the install, went very smoothly and the rumors of a tough install are way off base. The perches had to be cut to the weld but after that everything fell into place easily. No hoaning, nothing, everything slipped right on as directed. I bought new spax struts with the shorter rods for the coilovers, and there was a little problem where the dust cap was too wide for the screw adjust to slide over. But it quickly popped off with a few hammer clanks. Then once the perch was cut down the screw adjust slid over easily and there was plenty of room to re-install the brass dust cap.

Now to the driving, drove 130 miles home from stazi and was impressed. For the $, damn why didnâ??t I do this a lot sooner?!? It was stiff, but honestly even my girlfriend couldnâ??t notice it too much or even complain about it. The front end diving is all but gone and acceling is much smoother. Had to test it out on an off ramp and doubled the suggested speed sign with ease, something that would have been very sketchy on the stock setup.

Iâ??d say save the $ if they really are exact knock offs as stazi says. Ive never dealt with GCs but there were no install problems, design flaws or anything with these. These seem to work great so far.

Iâ??LL POST PHOTOS IN THE NEXT DAY OR TWO

L
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
L
I really never doubted the GC knockoffs, only the original setup that gave me a headache. Glad your guinea pig venture worked out well and that you are happy with them. What struts are you running with them?

XL

D
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
D
Originally posted by liquidX:
What struts are you running with them?

The SPAX with the shorter rod. They claim there's a shorter rod for lowered suspensions but we didnt compare. The rears now that I think of it seemed shorter.

Also they dont seem to be too compressed when sitting.

Hopefully they will last longer than a year. But they ride nice

B
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
B
Wow, for $80 it is worth a try. Are there any differences that you could foresee between the SPAX and Konis as far as being compatable with these?

Let's see some pics!

Black 2000 SVT Contour w/ Prairie Tan MSDS Headers | Magnaflow | Mirko Splitter | Fidanza Short Throw Shifter | Kenwood KVT-815 LCD/DVD
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
The Koni's will last longer IMHO, as they are an oil strut and won't suffer from the inherent overheating issues synonymous with when lowering a car with gas struts (like the SPAX).

2000 SVT Turbo 295hp/269ftlb@12psi #1 for Bendix Brakes Kits! Knuckles rebuilt w/new bearings $55 AUSSIE ENDLINKS $70 Gutted pre-cats $80/set A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine!
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
Glad to know we have a nice affordable GC alternative.

~Alex Ex- SVT Driver627 MUST SELL!!!LOCAL: Pre-98 MOLDED trunk Polk db speakers Corolla parts LED Underbody Kit PM 2000 Green CSVT gone on 2/17/06 2001 Toyota Corolla (SHE RUNS!!!) 1989 Mustang LX 5.0
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
When are the pics going up? Also what ride height do you have it at?
-tropictour

2000 Contour SVT Tropic Green SHO Shop CAI Bassani 1999 Contour SE BAT Kit
D
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
D
Originally posted by tropictour:
When are the pics going up? Also what ride height do you have it at?
-tropictour

The pics will be up in the next day. Just too busy at work to have the time to take a wheel off etc..

It settled nicely, cant go too low as I have a curb of death leading into my driveway at home, work etc.. Im going to lower the front a tad more as the rear is 1.5 fingers and the front it 2.5. Gonna bring the front down to about 2 fingers.

They are very nice in the twisties

Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
either they changed something or its because of the strut you used...my having to hone the sleeve review was not way off base...i had to do it on mine,and my friends svt...

"Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but STUPID lasts forever."-Aristophanes. --93 pgt,headers,intake,borla=14.9 1/4mile
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Originally posted by tour96se:
either they changed something or its because of the strut you used...my having to hone the sleeve review was not way off base...i had to do it on mine,and my friends svt...

Are they EXACTLY the same as the ones above or not?

2000 SVT Turbo 295hp/269ftlb@12psi #1 for Bendix Brakes Kits! Knuckles rebuilt w/new bearings $55 AUSSIE ENDLINKS $70 Gutted pre-cats $80/set A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Andy W._dup1, Auto-X Fil 

Link Copied to Clipboard