Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
S
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
S
ok, not to be retarded or anything.....

but i was at walmart yesterday and i noticed they have a whole isle devoted to motorcycle gear. (dont ask me). anyway, they actually sell a variety of Bell helmets there. open face, closed face, dirt bike, biker style, etc.. i looked all over the damned place but could not find any "Snell rating" on them. they did say DOT on them though. they are very decently priced and if it works for a motorcylce it should work in a car, right? i looked on bell's website and saw that all/most of their helmets say "Snell 2000" approved.

anyone know for sure about these walmart helmets? i have a nice hook-up there and could buy one for cheeeeep (and for you guys if you wanted). if not, i guess ill go back and write down all the model info and call Bell or something

Originally posted by Tourgasm:
Sometimes you can mess up a word so bad that spell check doens't know what the hell you're talking about.

Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
svt4stv - i dont know anything about wal-marts helmets. but what i do know is motorcycle helmets are NOT the same as automotive helmets.

i went to a motorcycle shop to get a helmet for a auto-x event thinking that a motorcycle helmet would be fine; i was wrong. i cant remember the explaination, but because a motorcycle helmet is more ridgid it could actually do more harm them good in a vehicle.

track's require certain types of helmets, the SNELL rating is the standard for automotive use. some track's don't care what you use, others can be strict about it. worst comes to worse you may buy a cheap motorcycle helmet and a track might let you use it, but if you ever wanted to use it again somewhere else you may find that you are not eligable to use it.

my helmet is a Pyrotect open face (my personal preference) w/ a snell rating SA2000 (i think the A is for automotive) DOT that cost's $100 that is high quality that i can use at any track cost to coast.

koni kit - hpp rstb camber/plates - cf (yikes!) polyroll resistors - TCA's WR headers/ypipe -TB hiflow cat SFC's - XCal2 -dreaming of 3L-
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Fmr12B_dup1, path914 

Link Copied to Clipboard