Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
M
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
M
I'm pretty sure that all contours/mystiques have the child-safe rear windows that only open about half way down. I find it very annoying, and any passengers that are forced to ride in the back usually find it even more so. Before I go cutting the foam covering under the door panel, does anyone know if it's possible to modify the motor and gear to allow the window to roll all the way down? At this point, I can't tell if it's a mechanical block that stops it in the half-way position, or if there's some kind of electrical cutoff that simply prevents the motor from operating beyond a certain point.

Has anyone else looked into this before? Just wanted a second opinion before I go cutting and prodding on the inside of my door.

T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
No, you can't do it because if you look how the door is designed the glass can't go down that far unless you plan on cutting holes in the door/fender well.

~Alex Ex- SVT Driver627 MUST SELL!!!LOCAL: Pre-98 MOLDED trunk Polk db speakers Corolla parts LED Underbody Kit PM 2000 Green CSVT gone on 2/17/06 2001 Toyota Corolla (SHE RUNS!!!) 1989 Mustang LX 5.0
M
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
M
Not worth it, in that case. It just always bothered me.

L
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
L
hows it bother you, how often you ride in the back seat.

2000 contour V6 ATX BAT suspension kit, k&n filter, SVT TB, SVT UIM, SVT LIM, MSDS headers, MSDS Y-pipe, SVT dual exhaust, Custum burned ADC chip, 7000k HID's, 200 amp HO alt, custom gauges, and 17" rims
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
On the last thread on this topic someone suggested that you could make it work if you chopped the top so that you didn't need as large of a piece of glass. And so someone did a photoshop of a Contour with a chopped top. Anyone bored enough to do that again?

Jim Johnson 98 SVT 03 Escape Limited
M
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
M

"
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
"
I know how we feel, I get a constant stream of *****ing from my passengers.Has anyone actually considered chopping? I don't know about anyone else, but i would ersonaly love it, it's always annoyed me how high mine is. Ahh if only i had a TIG welder...

1999 Mercury Mystique LS 3L Manual
E
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
E
So have the glass cut and add a fixed wing window. Then it will roll down, but the passengers will probably still [censored] because the actual opening window will be small.

You could always use the "quit complaining or I will lock the rear windows and roll them up" way of reasoning. Perhaps they will then be happy with what they have?

· Jon Miconi · Coming Soon! · 01 Cougar · 98 V70R
A
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
A
Just tell them to get out and look at the line of the car, and they'll see why they are the way they are:

The glass needs to drop a LOT more than it has room to.

-Philip Maynard '95 Contour [71 STS | Track Whore] '97 Miata [71 ES | Boulevard Pimp] 2006 autocross results
T
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
T
can anyone do a better chop? I think I chopped contour would look BAD A$$!!!! I always thought our belt lines looked a little low cause of the high roofs. A chop will give it somewhat of a 300c effect.

98.5 SVT FOR SALE $5000
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard