Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 14 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 14
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
I'm sorry to hear this has happened...I'm going to attempt to contact Maciek.

Originally posted by LUCA:
Yep. You can be Phil too if you'd like.

W
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
W
Here's what I sent to Maciek when I got the second boot:
----- Original Message -----
To: info at redlinegoods.com
Sent: Tuesday, September 06, 2005 7:15 AM
Subject: Re: messed up ebrake boot

I was out of town this past Saturday when the boot came to my house. So when I got home on Sunday, I was very pleased to find it in my mailbox. I couldn't put it in on Sunday as it was my youngest daughter's birthday. So today, Monday, I put it on......twice. The hole for the handle was fine on this one but the length of the boot in the back is too short. When the brake is pulled up/on/engaged, everything is fine. When the brake is down/off/disengaged, the boot is too short and pulls the rear fastener off the frame.

As I said, it pulled the rear fastener off, twice. The fact that the rear post isn't totally messed up is a miracle. I really don't understand why I seem to be having so much trouble with this. When I put the second replacement boot next to the original boot---back to back, it is about 3/4" shorter from the edge of the handle opening to the bottom edge of the boot, hence it is too short with the brake handle in the off or down position. I'll have to have another one made, so please make this one longer in the rear, at least by 3/4".

I've got two (2) boots now that I can't use. If you want them back, please say so. I'm not trying to cheat you, they just don't fit, no matter what I do. Please let me know what you want to do. But right now, I've got two ebrake boots that I can't use.

Sincerely, Tom Hoyt

Here is his reply. I measured and sent the info to him on the 9th but haven't heard anything back yet. He didn't directly reply when the second one was sent, I just got an email that it had been sent. That's what I'm looking for now, just haven't gotten it yet. BTW, the boots they sent me were both 1/2" shorter (in the back) than my original. That's why the second one wouldn't fit.

Tom,

I'm really sorry about all this. I honestly don't understand why was there a problem with the second boot, we did make it 100% to the template that we had... I'm beginning to assume that for some reason your boot is slightly different in design than the one we had as a template.

I never assumed you were dishonest, not at all. I too am trying to get this resolved fully to your satisfaction. Could you do me a bit of a favor please? Please measure the rear edge of the boot, from the very bottom to the very top, along the rear seam and tell me what the size is, as precise as you can. We'll compare that size to the 3/4" more you requested and hopefully, we'll nail it this time.

Thank you,
Maciek

WA 2 TUFF SVT 2000 Tropic Green SVT Born 1/28/2000-1975 out of 2150-only 207 made. Some new pics
W
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
W
Got this today:

Tom,

we'll re-do the boot for you and make it longer as you requested.

Thank you,
Maciek

WA 2 TUFF SVT 2000 Tropic Green SVT Born 1/28/2000-1975 out of 2150-only 207 made. Some new pics
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
Sounds like it's being resolved. Is it possible to post pictures of the ones you had made next to the original?

Yep. You can be Phil too if you'd like.

W
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
W
Originally posted by 99 red SVT:
Sounds like it's being resolved. Is it possible to post pictures of the ones you had made next to the original?

I still haven't figured out how to post pics. Duh I could email to you if you could then post them. If you want, PM me with your email and I'll send them. And I got an email yesterday that the new boot was on it's way. This one's got to fit.

Last edited by wa2tuff; 09/17/05 04:55 AM.

L
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
L
Tom, you can send the pictures to me if you'd like and I will post them.

Sent you my email address via PM.

**fingers crossed that this boot fits**

EDIT: Brian, did you get your boot installed yet? Does this one fit?

Last edited by LUCA; 09/17/05 11:20 AM.
W
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
W
Tom, you can send the pictures to me if you'd like and I will post them.

Sent you my email address via PM.

**fingers crossed that this boot fits**

Thanks Chris. I'll send a few pix in the next day or so.

Last edited by wa2tuff; 09/17/05 01:39 PM.

B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B

well the boot fits well on the handle, it looks like it is larger and should fit the frame, I have not had a chance to try installing it completely yet. I just got some plastic epoxy so I can give it a try now

- 95 Mystique LS - Zetec/5spd - 99 Contour SeVT Sport - Duratec/5spd Official NE-CEG Contour/Mustang Family
L
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
L
I hope everything is correct now.
Keep us posted Brian.

W
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
W
I got home around 10PM and the new boot was waiting for me. I put it next to the second one they sent and it's longer in the back. Looks like it shouldn't be any problem at all. I'll email pix to Chistine from work tomorrow so she can post them. Keep your fingers crossed it's OK. I'll install Friday after work and post the results.

Page 11 of 14 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 14

Moderated by  1314_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard