Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 14 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 13 14
R
R
Hi everyone,

thank you Paul for being the movie director and getting us the templates first, followed by the install instructions and pictures! Great job!

Everyone, here are some pictures of his setup:

This is Maciek from RedlineGoods here and I'm here to help - answer all your questions and take care of any doubts you may have!

OUR CURRENT SPECIAL is FREE SHIPPING on orders above $50 (so if you order both boots, you'll have free shipping).

Thank you!
Maciek

RedlineGoods.com - genuine italian leather [url=http://www.redlinegoods.com]shift boot[url] custom made for your Contour!
R
R
Originally posted by tour96se:
the quality is great...but the boot for the pre98 ebrake wasnt even close to working...

Hi,

Could you send me some pictures showing your current ebrake area? I'd like to compare them to the ones on our site, we may have had the templates from a Mondeo (which is what Contour's are called in some parts of Europe as you probably know) and they could simply be different than yours... We'd like to fix it for you!

Maciek

RedlineGoods.com - genuine italian leather [url=http://www.redlinegoods.com]shift boot[url] custom made for your Contour!
R
R
Originally posted by Y2KSVT:
Originally posted by tour96se:
............mark, i bought one for the pre98,you have to use the stock plastic frame and restaple the boot to it,so if you have a short throw shifter you can just staple the frame up farther ..btw the quality is great...but the boot for the pre98 ebrake wasnt even close to working...

I was only pointing this out, as the leather tends to need some overlap to have a nice fit. Not to say it can't be done, but when the boot is shorter, it's quite a bit easier. And again, it'll save on supplies in the long run.

OK, two important things.

1) You cannot shorten the boot by cutting off the top or stapling the frame deeper into the bottom of it. If you take a minute to think before you grab your stapler/scissors, it will be obvious why. It's a coned shape, after all.

2) We do make short shifter versions of all our boots. Just let us know how much shorter do you need it and consider it done. We don't charge extra for it either.

Maciek

K
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
K
ill have to find my stock shifter and compare it with the steeda to see the difference. GREAT looking boots!

#4559 of 6535 born on Feb 17, 1998 Black 1998.5 CSVT FOR SALE [cleaning house]: SVT rear swaybar. Reasonable offer and its yours!
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
received mine today and I am very pleased with how they look and feel. can't wait to get them installed

- 95 Mystique LS - Zetec/5spd - 99 Contour SeVT Sport - Duratec/5spd Official NE-CEG Contour/Mustang Family
L
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
L
Finally...I went black with dark blue stitching.

Maciek, I was at Paul's house for the install of his e-brake/shift boot so I had the pleasure of seeing your product in person (before this offer was posted). Quality product, great workmanship!
Thank you for taking the time to make these for us.

W
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
W
Originally posted by KingpinSVT:
ill have to find my stock shifter and compare it with the steeda to see the difference. GREAT looking boots!

The boot looks super!! Chris, I'd like to know how much shorter the shifter is so I can tell them how much to shorten the boot. Like I said, it looks great but I'd like it to be just a little less bunched up at the bottom. As long as we're getting something custom made, it's nice to know that Redline is willing to go the extra mile.

WA 2 TUFF SVT 2000 Tropic Green SVT Born 1/28/2000-1975 out of 2150-only 207 made. Some new pics
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
I believe you have the same B&M shifter as I have...I would measure how much shorter the B&M shifter is compared to stock (if you still have the old one) and then order the boot accordingly. I can't imagine the boot being more than 1 to 2 inches shorter, however.

Originally posted by LUCA:
Yep. You can be Phil too if you'd like.

T
I have no life
I have no life
T
Tom I got the Krafty boots with tan stiching. These boots look like better quality to me. They appear to have double stiching instead of the single mine have.

-'96 SE MTX 3L -'98 SVT 1,173 of 6,535 -'05 Mazda 6s, loaded, g/f's ride -Need a 96-00 manual on CD? PM or email me
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
for the pre 98 boots the shift boot lined up perfectly, all the precut holes were fine.

the ebrake boot on the other had was off some I think, I haven't looked at it since monday but I think it seemed like the bottom oppening (console end) wasn't large enought, but I couldn't tell well either because I have a broken bezel for the ebrake boot, it might be alright.

will post after checking it out tonight

- 95 Mystique LS - Zetec/5spd - 99 Contour SeVT Sport - Duratec/5spd Official NE-CEG Contour/Mustang Family
Page 6 of 14 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 13 14

Moderated by  1314_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard