Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 14 1 2 3 4 13 14
Y
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
Y
Food for thought: You may even try and offer a shortened shift boot for the people with short throw shifters. I know it's not 100% necessary, as you can just tuck the extra leather down into the console, but it does get pretty bunched up if you have a lot that needs tucked down in. Can also save on supplies.

Mark

2000 Black CSVT 3.0L Hybrid - 206fwhp & 195fwtq
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
That's true. However, I'm using it with a B & M shifter and it doesn't look too bad. I'll question Redline to see if they would shorten the boot by an inch or so if requested by the customer.

Originally posted by LUCA:
Yep. You can be Phil too if you'd like.

Z
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Z
im in for both on the post 98

CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
You can contact the company directly at to order and using the link at the bottom of the page to send Maciek (company president) an email with your order.

Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Originally posted by Y2KSVT:
Food for thought: You may even try and offer a shortened shift boot for the people with short throw shifters. I know it's not 100% necessary, as you can just tuck the extra leather down into the console, but it does get pretty bunched up if you have a lot that needs tucked down in. Can also save on supplies.

Mark

............mark, i bought one for the pre98,you have to use the stock plastic frame and restaple the boot to it,so if you have a short throw shifter you can just staple the frame up farther ..btw the quality is great...but the boot for the pre98 ebrake wasnt even close to working...

"Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but STUPID lasts forever."-Aristophanes. --93 pgt,headers,intake,borla=14.9 1/4mile
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
Originally posted by 99 red SVT:
CEG members get a 10% discount upon request.

does this apply to the pre98 boots also?

- 95 Mystique LS - Zetec/5spd - 99 Contour SeVT Sport - Duratec/5spd Official NE-CEG Contour/Mustang Family
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Originally posted by brapple:

.....i have a black one for sale if you want it...

"Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but STUPID lasts forever."-Aristophanes. --93 pgt,headers,intake,borla=14.9 1/4mile
Y
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
Y
Originally posted by tour96se:
............mark, i bought one for the pre98,you have to use the stock plastic frame and restaple the boot to it,so if you have a short throw shifter you can just staple the frame up farther ..btw the quality is great...but the boot for the pre98 ebrake wasnt even close to working...

I was only pointing this out, as the leather tends to need some overlap to have a nice fit. Not to say it can't be done, but when the boot is shorter, it's quite a bit easier. And again, it'll save on supplies in the long run.

Mark

2000 Black CSVT 3.0L Hybrid - 206fwhp & 195fwtq
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
...but the boot for the pre98 ebrake wasnt even close to working...

I can assure everyone that the post98 e-brake boot fits great, but the installation is a little more involved.

Maciek informed me that people can order the post98 boots from the site and that they have it listed now as one of their products - do the vehicle search. The pictures posted on the Redline Goods site showing the post98 shift boot are ones that I just took from my car this weekend.

CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
Originally posted by brapple:

This GB was originally set up for only the post98 shift and e-brake boots, so I'm not sure if the CEG 10% discount applies to all of their products. I will find out.

Page 2 of 14 1 2 3 4 13 14

Moderated by  1314_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard