Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 13 14
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
Redline Goods have begun making post '98 Contour leather shift and e-brake boots. Cost is $40 for either the shift or e-brake boot and $60 for both. CEG members get a 10% discount upon request. You can get many different leather and stitching options at no additional cost, so be sure to check out the site.

This is NOT a limited time product, but will be available ANYTIME through their website. They will be posting pictures of the completed products with installation instructions on their site very soon, but are able to take orders now.

Special thanks to LUCA for helping me throughout this process by getting the old boots to be used as templates for the company and with the installation pictures (I'm still feeling like a movie director )

Doing a post like this is very new for me and I'm sure there will be lots of questions. I will do my best to answer them.

Because I'm having trouble posting more than one link, will do another post following this one with a link to the installation pictures.

Originally posted by LUCA:
Yep. You can be Phil too if you'd like.

CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
Here's the link to the installation pictures: shift and e-brake boot intallation pictures

Some additional notes on the installation:

1. Use a 3/32" drill bit when drilling out the plastic welds on the e-brake boot frame.
2. Allow approximately 30 minutes for the epoxy putty to cure and test that it has bonded securely. I'm sure you can use other methods to reinstall the e-brake boot frame to the center console, but that's what we used.
3. On the shift boot, there is an elastic band incorporated around the opening, so the zip-tie is no longer needed. There is also one on the e-brake boot, which makes for a snug fit, but it works nicely.

On my shift boot, I elected to have black leather with red stitching. Because of their sewing machine, one edge gets stitched shorter than the others (they assured me this was NORMAL). Redline will revise the boot so that this will occur on the edge furthest away from the driver.

M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
both links are no good.

Oo (xxx)oO o xxxxxxxx o
Z
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Z
Originally posted by mikey boy:
both links are no good.

CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
I'm trying to fix it, but I don't know why it isn't working. Any help?

D
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
D
both links have a double set of "http://". just had to remove the additional "http://".

Redline Goods

shift and e-brake boot intallation pictures

DemonOfSteel 98 ZX2 Sport 98 Contour SE
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
Thanks.

L
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
L
I'm in.

The shift and e-brake boots look great. I think Redline Goods did a great job! Their turn-around time was very fast also.

Finally, after a hard time picking a color, I have picked black with dark blue stitching. I'll also be ordering the shift and e-brake boots for my daughter's new 'tour.

Paul, thank you for taking the time to contact Redline Goods, they made a quality product!

CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
Thanks. I'm sure you'll be happy with your choice.

L
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
L
Yours came out great so I know I will be happy.
Take note that if you have a pre 98, or those of you with a pre 98 console installed, you can order these as well. Redline Goods already makes these for the pre 98's. Paul sent them the post 98 shift/e-brake boots so that we post 98'rs could also get these products.

pre 98

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 13 14

Moderated by  1314_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard