Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
slomaro Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Hi all. I just bought a '98 3/0 CSVT with the wilwood 4 piston kit up front and with cross-drilled rotors all the way around. The rotors are warped and rusted, so I need to replace them (I'm assuming stock CSVT rotors will wk), but I need to know where to buy the pads. The seller told me I have to buy special pads and gave me the willwood pad box, but are there options for walking into a parts house and picking up some good street pads to go along with good street rotors? Also, I had a shop check the brakes out on my way back home with the car, they said that the car has spacers on the front, which seems to coincide with what I've read about the kit, but they said that I need to either replace the kit with stock brakes or get longer studs, because there are only a few threads on these studs that you can use to tighten the wheels on with. Pls help as I don't want to waste money on anything. I also need to buy new front sway bar bushings, if you have any suggestions.
Thanks,
B.J.

J
JB1 Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
try contacting a ceg'er named todd tce. he should be able to get you going

00 black/tan svt, #2052 of 2150, born 2/1/00 formerly known as my csvt "Nothing in the world is more dangerous than a sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King, Jr.
T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
I'd need to know what calipers you have. There is no "Wilwood kit" on the market, there are a couple of suppliers who have offered kits with Wilwood calipers.

There are two common kits out there- the BAT kit which offers Dynalite calipers and the TCE kit which uses much larger Forged Superlites and Six pot models.

The pads are not the same at all. On the back of the pad is a number- this will tell you the part number. And the compound by way of the letter code. Example: 15D-xxxx-K means 15 are pads and it is a set of D compound pads. The xxxx the part number and K simply a set of four.

As for cost and availability, that depends on the pad you have. I stock some of them for the DL but not many as I dont' use that caliper. The FSL pads I always have. Prices are on my web page under Products/Brake Pads.

As for studs, if the spacer is minimal then head to NAPA for some 641-3131 studs. (damn! I remember this number all to easily!) as they will fit pretty easily and be about 6mm or so longer. Get new nuts too.

Last edited by Todd TCE; 07/24/05 03:38 PM.

Less Bling, more Zing Todd/TCE www.tceperformanceproducts.com
S
slomaro Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Thanks Todd. I will get the pad number tomorrow (the shop is about 220 miles away from me right now) and check back with you. Thanks for the response.
bj

Moderated by  Andy W._dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard