Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
F
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
F
That doesn't seem right. The green relay socket pin 3 goes to the 60 amp fuse that also feeds the black relay pin 3. Green relay pin 3 and black relay pin3 should be 12 volts, even if the car is off. Pin 5 goes to the cooling fan resistor green/white wires. Maybe power is not traveling through the contacts or wiring. I think the missing 12 volts at pin 3 green is your problem.

If not, try unplugging the coolant temp sensor (not the gauge sensor) and see if the fans come on, it may cause a check engine light and code, but the fan should run according to this post from another topic:

{I changed both senders,Engine cooling sensor and guage temp sensor along with anything else I thought might be the problem.Right now I have the engine cooling sensor disconnected so the fan will run.For now at least I can use the car.}

C
Coheed Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
C
yeah, when I disconect the fan "Sensor" not the sender the one on top. Nothing happens the fan still dont run, the only way I can get the fans to run.. is to plug the green relay into the Black relay slot with the AC on.. man this is really frustrating.

F
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
F
With the car off, Pull both relays, check for 12 volts at pin 3 in each socket. Is the 12 volts missing from the socket for the green relay?

C
Coheed Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
C
I dont have a voltometer to check but when I jump 3 and 5 on the black relay, the fan runs, when I jump 3and 5 on the green relay, nothing happens!

F
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
F
You probably ARE missing power to pin 3 of the green relays socket. Or the low speed resistor is bad, mounted somewhere on the fan housing. I think you can buy a DMM (voltmeter) for less than 30 bucks at Radio Shack, then you can check the resistor, wires, sockets, etc. I recommend it, handy for other electrical tests around the house.

C
Coheed Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
C
Update!

ok today I was outside with the car messing around with it, I unplugged the temp sensor and the low speed can comes on for about 8 seconds then stops??? usualy when I unhook the sensor nothing happens. this whole thing is really frustating,

F
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
F
That's almost the same as what it does if you are not tinkering (your first post). Please read my last post, to fix this problem you should get a voltmeter, I have the schematic, so you can really find out what's up. Also, do you get a check engine light while it's all connected normally?

C
Coheed Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
C
I am running over to my father in laws house to get a voltmeter. I never get a check enging light when everything is connected properly.

C
Coheed Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
C
Alright Fave, This is what I found out, the green relay is not grounding. When I make a ground to the battery it pushes 12v. without doing that there is nothing at the 3-5 pins. where do those pins ground to? the harness go's into the firewall, Any info on this would greatly be apreciated.

F
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
F
If you ground the (-) meter at the (-) battery post, 12volts should appear at pin 3, both green and the black relay. It seems you checked that and have power at Green 3. From Green pin 5 to the battery ground should show some ohms (a bit more than the Black pin 5 to ground). I don't know the value, probably less than 10 ohms. See what you get. That will test the motor circuit.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard