Next Thread
Print Thread
#1335647 07/15/05 05:49 AM
C
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
C
Hey everyone. It's been awhile since I've posted here.
I just thought I'd ask if any of you have done anything to your Contour like changing the color (new paint job)?
I've had my Contour for about 8 years now. And I wouldn't mind a change of color without buying another car.
So.
A good friend of mine has his own company and he does alot of body work/painting/sandblasting....the list is pretty long. Well. Last weekend we painted a car for a demo derby over here in River Falls, and he mentioned how much extra paint he had from all of the jobs he has had done. I said 'hey, lets paint my car'. So, now we are currently in the process of starting the project.

So far we have taken off all of the parts (the usual stuff you take off to paint it). And I have been sanding for a couple of days now. We're pretty close to starting to put the primer on. What have I gotten myself into? Nah, just kidding. It is alot of work, but the paint is at least free.
Before all of the sanding my Contour was Tan. Soon to be - I think, metallic blue. I didn't want to choose the color until after we finished the primer so I didn't get too excited to get it painted and back to normal.
Another thing, when I bought this car back in 1997 they told me the car has 'never' been in an accident (I even checked for reports on carfax or something, I can't remember). Well, the car has about 6 coats of paint, and I am finding places that they fixed. So it has been fun. After we're done I'll have to post a picture so you all can see the work we have done.

Oh yea, is metallic blue a good color for my Contour? So far that's one of the colors I wouldn't mind that he has enought of.

Later.

1995 Contour LX 238,000 miles
#1335648 07/15/05 04:53 PM
E
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
E
I have seen some tours in a metallic blue color and they look much much better than tan. I have metallic teal on mine. I need to repaint the hood...I have all the paint and stuff, but I need to start sanding and prime it. Ugggggg. Not looking forward to it. Have fun with it! I had a freind who went to River Falls for college.

95 SE MTX svt exhaust intake deer killer
#1335649 07/16/05 07:24 AM
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
neon green or a hot orange should do the trick... you'd be much better off going that rout than the blue...

and put a huge dragon on the hood

CSVT's that i have beaten... - redlineracer12 - your user name here
#1335650 07/16/05 09:47 PM
R
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
R
Originally posted by elraido:
I had a freind who went to River Falls for college.

Body work in general is no fun! Too much work! I also go to River Falls for College

CSVT#1321/2150 Born 1/6/2000 It's just a Contour.. Before Dyno: 178.9whp w/2.5L 94 Probe 4cyl/150k KYB struts, Magnaflow Polished SS muffler (Daily Driver)

Link Copied to Clipboard