Next Thread
Print Thread
#1334596 07/14/05 01:46 AM
T
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
T
my wife has a mystique and it's paid off well instead of trading it in with only 70,000 on it i want to keep it and mod it. So my question is what's out there? id like to lower it about 1.75 inches i was also wondering if SVTF wheels will fit i know the bolt pattern's the same but how about offset. also has anyone ran a supercharger on an automatic zetec like say jackson racing or something. id also like a lip for the front any suggestions? and the the head lights are turning yellow on me so id like to change them out. Any help/info you guys have would be great i read the mods section but it wasn't to much help.

2003 SVTF Steeda short ram intake,Steeda short throw shifter, hypnotic retune, 2.5 inch magnaflow exhaust, Off road pipe, VF engineering lower motor mount, Ebiach sportline springs and pro dampers 98 mercury mystique stock for now.
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
your answers are out there on the forum, read up and have some fun with mods

- 95 Mystique LS - Zetec/5spd - 99 Contour SeVT Sport - Duratec/5spd Official NE-CEG Contour/Mustang Family
F
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
F
http://www.contour.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=aesthetics&Number=843249&fpart=1&PHPSESSID=

This post has a dealer who offers a good deal on Contour headlights. You have a Mystique (like me), might be worth a call and see if there is a deal for Mystique lights. They are still not cheap. On e-bay there are aftermarket ones, but they may not fit right. I wetsanded and polished mine in stages, they need a rebuff and wax monthly. Lots of work, many have done it. There still will be a haze in the top, but not yellow.

P
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
P
welcome to the site buddy, i hope you'll have fun modding your stique.

1998 Ford Contour Se 2.5 litre Silver frost
M
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
yes,FSVT wheels will fit. I run a base model Contour with CSVT rims. I used to have a '98 Mystique 4 cyl auto. Mechanically left it stock as I thought it was a terrible car and not worth modifying,so all I did was add a stereo system,and modify the body and interior.

But yeah,there's a guy on here running around with a supercharged 4 cyl,putting about around 160hp,up from 125 stock. There's all sorts of lowering kits available and pretty much anything else you want. ALMOST anything that is made for a Contour will work on a Mystique.

Check out www.ctamotorsports.com for an idea of what kind of stuff is available for our cars. It's a Canadian site,but also has prices in USD.

Good luck. Mystique's are nice cars,but if you really want performance,your best bet is to trade up to a V6 model like I did. I actually went to the local Ford dealer and traded in my Mystique for a '95 Contour V6 5 speed. I've never made a better choice in my life.

'95 CGL ZMTX - DOB: 8/94 - Daily Driver - 271k & counting - Ractive muffler,MSD ignition coil,KEM 8mm wires,Pre98 SE 7 spoke rims,KVR CF brake pads,Post98 sail panels,Sony Xplod HU,Pioneer 3-way 6x9's '89 Mazda B2200 - Under Construction
H
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
H
Yeah that's LocoSCZ. He's got the Jackson kit I believe. It's nice to see another Mystique out there. A little difference goes a long way....

J.T. 2002 Chevrolet Silverado 294ci V8. Custom CAI, headers on the way... 1997 Mercury Mystique Zetec ATX Deceased February 2006
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
There are quite a few mods avaliable for these cars. If you are looking for visual things, you can recontent some of the pre/early 98 things. For example you can recontent the dash clock if your 98 is a late 98 car. Also, you can pick up a pre-98 antenna base which look pretty nice, better than the post 98 one IMO.

Here's a pic of my modded Pre-98 clock. It was modded to light up white.

Here's a shot of the Pre-98 ant. base

1999 Mystique LS V6 Alpine CDA-9807, Rear deck sub, Opt. TB, K&N RU-3530/MAF adaptor, custom heatshield, FSVT 17's, SCT 4-program chip, Eibach's/ST200's, Hella Fogs...

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard