Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
H
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
H
Exactly my point I figure 8 seconds is reasonable, seeing how the car is rated to do 7.9

1995 ford contour v6 5 speed , even though its not mine yet... http://www.cardomain.com/id/hyperlitenerd
B
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
B
ok I own a 99 cougar and a 05 vw GLI with the 1.8l turbo. and all I gotta say is the vw trounces my cougar. I dont know how much has changed with the vdubs over the past few years but you may be up for a rude awakening.

also keep in mind he's draggin alot less weight.

yes... I am a cougar owner trolling on your board.
R
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
R
did you not read the thread, or what? You must have posted your reply based solely on the title of this topic.

the original poster states the stats of both cars and his tour is lighter than the VW...

Ray

'99 CSVT - Silver #222/276 In a constant state of blow-off euphoria.
Originally posted by Kremitthefrog:
I like to wear dresses and use binoculars to watch grandmas across the street.

H
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
H
Originally posted by bensenvill:
ok I own a 99 cougar and a 05 vw GLI with the 1.8l turbo. and all I gotta say is the vw trounces my cougar. I dont know how much has changed with the vdubs over the past few years but you may be up for a rude awakening.

also keep in mind he's draggin alot less weight.

Good call, Ray. Gotta love the ones who don't read the whole thread before they post!

J.T. 2002 Chevrolet Silverado 294ci V8. Custom CAI, headers on the way... 1997 Mercury Mystique Zetec ATX Deceased February 2006
B
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
B
OMG, ya that just went over my head. I always assumed the vw was quite a bit lighter than the contour/cougar [and my brain just skipped what you said about weight]. but your right, my gli's listed with a 3106 curb weight and a 180hp. I stand by my statement that my gli is wickedly quicker than my cougar [which sucks]. But considering the older model is putting down a fair amount less hp, then I gotta say this may be a close call.

anyways, I'm interested in hearing the results. I'll try to do an identical matchup this weekend for comparision [maybe its not a quick as I think]

yes... I am a cougar owner trolling on your board.
H
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
H
well I am having the serpentine belt on the car replaced for a diffrent reason, but could that be a cause for loss of power?

1995 ford contour v6 5 speed , even though its not mine yet... http://www.cardomain.com/id/hyperlitenerd
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  mbb41_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard