Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
M
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
Another thing... get your hand out as fast as you can when the drain plug finally falls out. That stuff pours out wicked fast! My hand and lower arm got a nice fluid shower!

[color:"green"]-Matt R

'99 Tropic Green LX, Zetec, ATX
A
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
A
Question, is there any specific brand of fluid you guys would reccomend most?

:1995 Contour LX 2.5l auto -1988 Fiero GT 3.4l DOHC -1992 Lumina Z34 3.4l DOHC
M
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
Originally posted by AaronZ34:
Question, is there any specific brand of fluid you guys would reccomend most?

The majority of people prefer Mobil 1 Synthetic ATX fluid. I personally used Supertech Walmart brand... cheap and efficent. Works great, no problems. It was about $3.50 for a gallon.

P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Is there a list of all NEW part numbers for a 1999 contour ? I need 3 shift forks and shift tower ...Not sure if the ones listed in the sticky are current ?

Check me out for awsome powder coating deals www.powdercoatingworld.com People shouldn't slam each other when posting, If you cant say something good to say then just hit the back arrow.
R
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
R
Josh,

Was this meant to be in the ATX drain/fill how-to thread? I wouldn't think so, but whatever floats your boat.

Ray

'99 CSVT - Silver #222/276 In a constant state of blow-off euphoria.
Originally posted by Kremitthefrog:
I like to wear dresses and use binoculars to watch grandmas across the street.

S
S
Just a couple of quick question, You said on step 11 to drive around the block and do it two more times. Are you saying to change the fluid two more times? Second question, is there not a filter on these ATXs?

If it ain't broke don't fix it. Just work on it till you break it.
M
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
Originally posted by Steve3616:
Just a couple of quick question, You said on step 11 to drive around the block and do it two more times. Are you saying to change the fluid two more times? Second question, is there not a filter on these ATXs?

Yep do 3 total fluid changes, to make sure you cycled all of the old fluid out. And no, there is not a general replaceable filter... you have to drop the holy tranny to change it. The filter is meant to last the lifetime of the car however.

P
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
P
The tranny filter is suppose to last the life of the car? So, that is why Ford put it in an odd place?? And, just changinging the fluid is suppose to help?? How stupid are the people at Ford these days?? Or is it too many drugs?? I'm serious. I can't believe they would want sane people to believe that crap. I've been a Ford person all my driving days (35 years) and they are just getting dumber and dumber. Sadly, we have to deal with this crap. Sorry for the rant on Ford, again. Well since I obviously can't afford to have the filter changed, I'll just change the fluid and hope for the best. At least now I know why the "maintenance schedule" recommends changing fluid every 30K. I will try again to replace the TSS myself. Altho, and make a note of this, the tranny is shifting much better since I did no more than remove the electrical plug and put it back on after decideing it would take more than the hoped for 15 minutes. It still bangs a bit when putting it in drive and going to 2nd when cold but after it warms up it shifts almost like new. Later I will see if I can make a mention of this in the ATX HOWTO. You know, "try this first" to see if it helps/works before spending the time/money to replace.

Later. Pepse.

'95 Mystique LS Young America, Moonlight Blue, V-6 ATX, LOADED. REMEMBER: Always fasten your seatbelt as it makes it harder for the aliens to suck you out of your car.
P
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
P
Sorry about that I thought I was answering something on one of my posts.

Later. Pepse.

'95 Mystique LS Young America, Moonlight Blue, V-6 ATX, LOADED. REMEMBER: Always fasten your seatbelt as it makes it harder for the aliens to suck you out of your car.
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Instead of doing this process 3 or 4 times why not disconnect the tranny fluid return line (drivers side wheel well), start the car and let the fluid be pumped out. The tranny will pump out about 3 or 4L at a time, once it slows down turn the car off, add new fluid to the tranny and repeat the process (3 or 4 times) until the fluid coming out is the same color as the fluid going in. The entire process including removal and installation of the tire can be done in less than 20 minutes.

99 CSVT Green/Tan # 84 of 2760 Built on Wednesday, September 30, 1998 15.376 @ 92.00 MPH Stock 75,000Km 96 Contour GL 2.5L V6 ATX 170,000Km
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RoadRunner_dup1, unisys12 

Link Copied to Clipboard