Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
D
OP Offline
D
I have a 2000 Contour with a 2.5 Duratec V6 and automatic tranny. The problem I'm having just started this year. I turn the AC on and it works great, but after 15 to 30 minutes after the car has been running a while, eventually the AC just starts warming up until it is not cooling at all. I have already put in one can of 134a into the system thinking that it was low. A friend of mine at work suggested that I check the evaporator drain because it might get clogged. I've felt for wetness in the carpet around the area for the blower inside, but it was dry. It would be great to see if it is clogged, but looking under the car for water coming out is a problem because I can't see it dripping to mark where to look after I get under there. I've been under my car twice now hoping to locate the line but no luck whatsoever. I understand that a garage my charge up to $100 to do this simple check and unclog the line, but right now there is no overtime at work so I'm financially broke for the needed funds. Can anyone tell me where the line is located? Maybe give me a picture or two? I'd appreciate it. DE

T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T
Welcome.

Click on Search, Troubleshooting, type in A/c, entire phrase, 3 months (or more if you want). Tbere has been many discussions on A/c recently.

"Always do the cheap and easy ones first." 1996 V6 ATX 96K miles
D
OP Offline
D
Yes, I have looked thru all the responses to air conditioning problems before I even wrote the post. No conditions even faintly familiar to mine and no pictures either. It is 106 degrees here in Austin, TX

T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T
Try Search(es) on Duratec Maintenance and Zetec Maintenance too.

D
OP Offline
D
Am I just getting the run-around? I looked at what you suggested and found nothing. Perhaps you know the reference and can point me in the right direction? Sure hope the misdirection isn't because I'm a Dell employee....

T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T
No runarounds or misdirections from me. There is a ton of A/C info on Troubleshooting, Duratec Maintenance or Zetec Maintenance. If you have done a search on all 3 forums, then maybe your problem is unique. I am sure someone will chime in sooner or later with a past experience.

Incidentally, we only use DELL computers.

C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
Searching the forums for "AC", "A/C" and "Air condtioning" will show you lots of threads about AC problems.

Check how often the AC cycles on when you start it and the air is cold, and when it starts to warm up.
I really know nothing about AC systems though.

1998.5 T-Red on Midnight Blue SVT Build Number 5320 of 6535
D
OP Offline
D
According to Lance: Newbies: Before posting, read this!
#195567 - 02/24/03 02:40 PM Edit Reply Quote

Please check out the Common Problems section of the FAQ. Doing a search on this forum for your problem if it isn't in the FAQ can help, too.

When asking a question, please include all relevant details. i.e. engine type (2.5L Duratec V6/2.0L Zetec), transmission type (auto/manual), etc. We cannot help unless you are specific!

More info will be added here as time goes on. - Lance
--------------------------------------------------

I checked ALL the forums and searched everything before posting my note to this one. If everyone just keeps on telling me to search the forums, then I guess you aren't reading what I have to say and I just need to look elsewhere. Good luck! DE

T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
Can you get me a discount on a new Dell Inspiron notebook?

Former owner of a 1995 Ford Contour GL w/ 2.0L ATX Proud owner of a 2005 Ford Taurus SE 3.0L V6 Vulcan --Looking for Commodore stuff (Drives, Units, Amiga, games, etc)If anyone has any of this laying around and wants it gone, lemme know --
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
I'll throw in what I know to check, which isn't much.

I'm not sure about the line you refer to, but I have been told there is a filter on a line somewhere. If your accumulator is beginning to rot through, then particles can clog this filter, or at least so I've been told.

Get the pressure checked.
Does the system cycle when it's blowing the warmer air.
If the AC system is not cycling then the air will be warmer or the same as regular vents.
When it's blowing warm air do you have to park it for a while before it blows warm again, or will switching to panel for a minute then back again re-engage it?

Other than this, I don't know what to suggest.

1998.5 T-Red on Midnight Blue SVT Build Number 5320 of 6535
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard