Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
B
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by warmonger:

As long as people are buying why drop the price?

That is my point I guess. If the price was lower, there would be many more sets sold.

And- the R&D has been done already so dropping the price now would only increase sales.

I would be interested in finding out how many sets have been sold and how many Weapon R sets have been sold. If the MSDS sets were within 50-75 of the Weapon -R's then no one would buy them. They would get the GOOD MSDS set and then MSDS would not have to worry about knock offs eating into their sales because there would not be any. Simple economics.

E0 SVT Kids, yeah, I have kids. How many do you want?
Y
Y2KSVT Offline OP
Addicted CEG\'er
OP Offline
Addicted CEG\'er
Y
Some of us appreciate AMERICAN companies making products for us in AMERICA. I also like the fact that MSDS took the time to consider us(sort of like Morette is right now), and made us a product that nobody else really does(SHM Headers are no longer produced). It wasn't too difficult for Weapon R to come in and make a replica of MSDS's design, was it? How many people will be talking crap about Morette in 2 years when some foreign company steals their design, and sells their product for $200.00/set?

Mark

2000 Black CSVT 3.0L Hybrid - 206fwhp & 195fwtq
B
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
B
I think you are missing my point.

When I get headers, it will be the MSDS, period! Regardless of price. I would not support a lesser product, period. Quality is key.

My only reference to dropping the price was to be more consistent with their other sets they offer. I posted this BEFORE I found out that they come CERAMIC COATED ($180), so if you add that to the, say Porsche headers, the price is relatively the same.

The reason I referenced dropping the price compared to Weapon R's is to take sales AWAY from Weapon-R if the did copy the design etc.

I AM NOT BASHING MARTY OR MSDS. I MADE AN OBSERVATION ON PRICE, THATS ALL. SORRY FOR BEING OBSERVANT.

Y
Y2KSVT Offline OP
Addicted CEG\'er
OP Offline
Addicted CEG\'er
Y
It's all good. I see your point. I wish I could speak for Marty on that, as it does appear that they are the most expensive headers he sells. I'm sure there is some reasoning behind that, and I'd be willing to bet, that will be addressed in the somewhat near future.

Mark

B
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
B
I actually received an e-mail from Marty. He is very nice and I really appreciate his taking the time to e-mail me back. I can only imagine the frustrations on his end with combating knock off, overseas imitations of his products and fully understand the costs involved for R&D etc. I do know they would sell more of the headers if the price was lower and it would have a direct impact on the lesser knock off companies. Maybe he would be interested in selling just the headers sans y-pipe and MIL eliminators for those of us who would like just headers.

Anyways, good chatting and again, I was never trying to stir anything up.

R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
IIRC -40 off the price for without the ypipe....

Ryan Trollin!
W
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
W
Originally posted by Y2KSVT:
Some of us appreciate AMERICAN companies making products for us in AMERICA. I also like the fact that MSDS took the time to consider us(sort of like Morette is right now), and made us a product that nobody else really does(SHM Headers are no longer produced). It wasn't too difficult for Weapon R to come in and make a replica of MSDS's design, was it? How many people will be talking crap about Morette in 2 years when some foreign company steals their design, and sells their product for $200.00/set?

Mark

'

Do you remember when Sylvania TV's used to be made in America? I do. Their motto: "The Sylvania Superset. The most expensive television in America; but it's worth it!"

I literally remember this motto from when I was really little, 5 or 6 years old.
Want to know how many TV's are made in USA now? NONE. It was NONE by the late 80's.
Quality, patriotism, whatever. It always takes a back seat to price as long as they function and quality is even somewhat similar.
Hey, I can say this because I put $600 into Marty's pocket back in the day. I needed another set of headers to experiment with and cut up and a cheaper set was just what the doctor ordered.
I will be the first to tell you that they are NOT identical replicas although they are very similar.
I can think of many things that were invented here and copied in Japan. Any of you boycot buying cameras these days?

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black
Y
Y2KSVT Offline OP
Addicted CEG\'er
OP Offline
Addicted CEG\'er
Y
Tom, you're looking at it "almost" one sided. My point wasn't that I ONLY buy American made products. I guess that I do have a sense of patriotism when I'm given the option to buy American made vs. a foreign made product. In this case, it's a no brainer, as Weapon R didn't really do much to come up with their own product. Oh well, enough about that. This is a group buy for God's sake! Let it be that!

Mark

B
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
B
What did I do here. Sorry for the controvesy everyone. I'll refrain from any opinionated comments from here on out.

B
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
B
40 dollars or 40%

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  1314_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard