Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
E
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
E
K, we are getting right surly about stats right now, what do you guys think about me vs my buddies...one guy has a 1992 BMW 325i auto and the other has a 2001 Jetta 1.8 turbo manual and then there's me with auto 'stique. The numbers say the Jetta would win to 60mph based on stats. Both the Jetta and BMW are stock, and I've got the SVT exhaust and an intake. Of course the real test is to actually go, but wanna see what you guys would think....

-Electric Frost 1998 Mercury Mystique GS SVT side skirts, rear SVT bumper, SVT exhaust, K&N Cone Air intake, 17in ST200 rims 2005 Ford Mustang GT
D
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
D
uh lose to the jetta, close with the 325? i dunno go and find out and tell us the results. preferably with slips/pictures/video and at a track

Goonz12: <---tries on mommy's cloths
S
SAV Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
You have an ATX. Either one of these cars will lay tarmac to your face. The Jetta with the turbo will snap you off the line and the BMW being rear drive puts traction in his favor as well. Plus those German I6 horses always seem a little bigger than BMW says they are.

I wouldn't even waste my time embarassing myself.

-SAV

Troll. 1997 VW Jetta MkIII GLS 5spd All hail my appearance on CEG!
E
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
E
Originally posted by SAV:
You have an ATX. Either one of these cars will lay tarmac to your face. The Jetta with the turbo will snap you off the line and the BMW being rear drive puts traction in his favor as well. Plus those German I6 horses always seem a little bigger than BMW says they are.

I wouldn't even waste my time embarassing myself.

-SAV

Umm...OK, thought it would be pretty close considering.... not laying tarmac....

-Electric Frost 1998 Mercury Mystique GS SVT side skirts, rear SVT bumper, SVT exhaust, K&N Cone Air intake, 17in ST200 rims 2005 Ford Mustang GT
S
SAV Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
If my first post came off as harsh, I'll apologise for it.

But the reality of ATX Duratecs are painful. I thought my old car was balls out fast when I drove it around, but you learn just how slow it actually is the first time you strap it to the timers.

I guess it's a bonus that your car feels faster than it is.

But against a Bimmer and a turbo Jetta? That's a stretch even for an MTX Duratec.

-SAV

Troll. 1997 VW Jetta MkIII GLS 5spd All hail my appearance on CEG!
T
TjZ Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
T
I dont know the 1.8 T isnt to great.. I guess if the driver is good oh well go have some fun at the track and let us know.

E
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
E
Yah, we are gonna go for sure, the stats are so close that it's gonna come down to the way one drives and the alignment of the stars that day.

I'm at a cross roads now with the 'stique. I love the car so much, but want more. I've finally got it to the point that I am proud of how it looks and that's always been my goal, but now I am unsatisfied at performance...I know am severely limited by the ATX, but it's GOOD, not amazing, but GOOD. I plan on hanging onto it for at least another 2 years. Should I accept it for what it is an not do anything to it and ditch it in a few years, or should I start (or finish) with the likes of the Superchips Computer Module and go from there? I know the benefits of the chip on the auto are significant, but beyond that, not sure what else I can do to keep me satisfied, ya know? Thoughts/comments anyone?

Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
My ATX duratec ran a 16.4 @ 85mph with just an optimized TB. Your car should be capable of being a little quicker than that. Considering it has the SVT exhaust on it.

Its really up to you with what you want to do with the car. If you want a car that nothing else can touch, this isn't your platform. If you want a car thats fun to drive and handles awesome then maybe this is the car for you.

It does suck though, to go to the track and have cars with much less power beat you. These cars simply weren't made to be straight line cars...

Oh if you do race them (at the track of course ) Be sure you turn o/d off... It'll shave off about 3 tenths... It goes into a sport mode and shifts quicker...

1999 Mystique LS V6 Alpine CDA-9807, Rear deck sub, Opt. TB, K&N RU-3530/MAF adaptor, custom heatshield, FSVT 17's, SCT 4-program chip, Eibach's/ST200's, Hella Fogs...
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Originally posted by LoganB:
I dont know the 1.8 T isnt to great.. I guess if the driver is good oh well go have some fun at the track and let us know.

a manual 1.8t car can lay high 14's with a 2.0 60' and a good driver stock...they're great cars except when they break

Derek Johnson 88 TurboTBird 32psi, t3/t4 bb 50trim, megasquirt, 3 bar map, 50lb inj, roller cam w adj. gear, header, 3" downpipe and full exhaust, gutted intake manifolds, spec stg 3 95SE 3L gone
A
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
A
Originally posted by 2.3Turbochicken:
Originally posted by LoganB:

a manual 1.8t car can lay high 14's with a 2.0 60' and a good driver stock...they're great cars except when they break

you wouldn't have a chance with the 325 too, my sister's is an 85 325ix probably weights a little more than you friends its full loaded and has the AWD. off the line its slow compared to my tour but thats because of the AWD+TC, but once it gets above 2000RPMs it hauls ass.
with WOT the bimmer will drive as if its chipped. actually there is an electronic switch under the gas pedal once its engaged the car will rev up to the limiter and stay above 5000rpms. the auto is really aggressive especially if you friend has the sport switch, it gives him the option to drive in economy/sport or AWD high if its IX equiped.

95 SE MTX DH UIM, 65mm TB, SC CAI, Quaife, Centerforce, Fidanza, UR Pulley, F/R Strut Braces, Cross Drilled Rotors, S.S. Brake Hoses, 18" Enkei RS5, SVT Engine Mounts+Inserts, MSDS & y-pipe, Trubendz resonated exhaust & MagnaFlow cat
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  mbb41_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard