Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
H
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
H
Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum, but I do love me a certain Ford/Mercury automobile. Anyway, the other day while I was cruising through the San Marcos area on the highway, I saw a navy blue Ford Mondeo fly past me. I was surprised at first, as it looked like a newer Focus in my rear mirrors, but it was definitely a Mondeo. It apparantly was a foreign market car because it had Mexican tags. Surprised me though. Anyone else see any in Texas?

J.T. 2002 Chevrolet Silverado 294ci V8. Custom CAI, headers on the way... 1997 Mercury Mystique Zetec ATX Deceased February 2006
R
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
R
Never seen that one, though I am only 20 minutes (maybe 30) from San Marcos. (Blanco, Tx, out 12/32 towards Wimberly)

Welcome to CEG.. stay a while, and you will CERTAINLY learn a LOT.

Ray

'99 CSVT - Silver #222/276 In a constant state of blow-off euphoria.
Originally posted by Kremitthefrog:
I like to wear dresses and use binoculars to watch grandmas across the street.

H
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
H
Hey thanks, man. The car surprised me. The body lines were a bit different but the same shape was there, along with the badges. Is that mobile repair thing you do working out? I think I have actually seen the dude with the red CSVT driving in New Braunfels, as well as a young lady with a black model, getting her battery changed at our Autozone.

J.T. 2002 Chevrolet Silverado 294ci V8. Custom CAI, headers on the way... 1997 Mercury Mystique Zetec ATX Deceased February 2006
R
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
R
the T-RED car with a guy (T-red hair) is Bruce.. (TexasRealtor). standup guy.

As for the service: it doesn't make any money.. anything I get would be minimal at best. I offer it simply to help.

Ray

Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
I saw a black one in Pasadena about two years ago.

B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
I've seen about 4 different Mondeo's, 2 station wagons, in my town in the past few years. But then again, I live in a military town.

T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
Nice to finally have another CEGer in N.B.! There is also a guy here who works at the Hollywood video that drives a black CSVT. We hads a bunch of CEGers meet up at Walmart one Saturday morning. We cruised down Hwy 46 then came back up RR32 through Devils BB and ended up in San Marcos for Strawberry Daqueris at Grins. Very cool day.

"Eagles may soar high, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines."
R
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
R
VERY cool day, indeed.

I enjoyed it so much, I'd like to plan another.

Perhaps a little further north and grab some DFW area people, as well.

Ray

H
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
H
Hey, it's nice just to talk to people who know what a contour is, much less a Mondeo. I'd be very interested in meeting with ya'll sometime, albeit my knowledge of the area is more limited than it should be. One of my good friends just got handed his mother's 2000 Contour. We were both pleased to no end, even though it also was a 2.0L ATX. He also would be quite interested, although I just got him started with the whole car fanatic scene. This may be just what he needs to bone up on some basics, as well as a chance for me to learn some things myself. In fact, we were just talking about finding a club or something to join or start.

Last edited by MadMerc97; 07/02/05 07:29 AM.

R
R
yeah, that thing still needs some work though... at least the brakes are done now.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Eric L_dup1, louisw_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard