Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Z
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
Z
I was wondering and I'd figured I'd ask, about where does everyone's tour run on the temp gauge? I've noticed that I haven't ever seen mine get past the R where it says "normal" on the guage. I was just wondering if there is an average temp where it runs or could my guage be fudged up and not move past the R?

1998 SE Duratec V6 ATX Ebay intake with K&N Filter Trubendz Exhaust Custom Hood
E
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
E
You know it's weird I was looking at some old photos from the gauges when I was driving the 'stique at 100 down the highway on a long trip, and I remember the gauge never left a straight vertical position, but nowadays it always sits just above the bottom side of 'normal' where the white line is. Not sure what this change would be attributed to...

-Electric Frost 1998 Mercury Mystique GS SVT side skirts, rear SVT bumper, SVT exhaust, K&N Cone Air intake, 17in ST200 rims 2005 Ford Mustang GT
T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T
Mine runs between N and O with the A/C on (the second fan kicks on), between O and R without the A/C on. And will go to between R and M (without A/C on) in stop and go. I have not had it go to A and L yet, but from the past forums, it is time to stop and trouble-shoot when that happens (before the engine overheats). Hope this helps.

"Always do the cheap and easy ones first." 1996 V6 ATX 96K miles
E
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
E
Here's my temp gauge in October 2003:

And here it is July 2004 (and how it usually sits now)

Not sure why the difference, always kinda wanted to post here and see what ppl think actually.

-Electric Frost 1998 Mercury Mystique GS SVT side skirts, rear SVT bumper, SVT exhaust, K&N Cone Air intake, 17in ST200 rims 2005 Ford Mustang GT
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
Mine was about the R-M until I installed a new sender. Now it runs about the L. I must have one hot car.

Actually, this has been talked about quite a bit in the past. Apparently, the gauges and/or the senders are not very accurate, and give a wide range of readings.

95 Contour Zetec, ATX (wrecked, sitting in the barn) 95 Mystique Zetec, MTX 2000 Taurus SEL 3.0L Duratec 1994 Crown Victoria LX 4.6 V8 1993 Chevy Silverado 4.3 V6
J
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
J
Mine read low like that second picture for a while, then it got real erratic and would bounce all over the place. Finally it died completely at sat down near the lowest temp all the time. A new sending unit returned it to reading more like your first picture.

1996 Contour GL Sport, Zetec, MTX
Z
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
Z
haha okay so basicly it that is wear it normally runs, I want to watch if it ever does go higher. then I know my water pump commited suicide...being I bought my tour used I'm not sure it the water pump is the updated version or not and it is at 73K nearing 74K.

1998 SE Duratec V6 ATX Ebay intake with K&N Filter Trubendz Exhaust Custom Hood

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard