Print Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
L
liquidX Offline OP
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
L
Well I got my Xcal-1 in the mail yesterday and proceeded to follow all directions to successfully flash my car's PCM, and so I did. Left it idling for about 15-20 minutes, and drove it around the block for a little before putting it to bed. This morning when I drove to work and gave a fews spirited accelerations and shifts, along with taking a piece of highway for some cruise throttle... all I can say is WOW! It's amazing how much reserve power these V6s have! I mean this is just the first day and supposedly the PCMs on these cars learn and improve performance as you drive!!!

Anyway I spoke to Wayne and he says that the car should have a Rev limiter positioned at 7,600, and that the car's newly programed tune will continue to add power past the stock powerband (although I have yet to try that one ). Didn't really want to step on it the first day as Wayne also told me to "let the car learn little by little". I DID do a couple full throttles on 4th and 5th gear on the highway, but no juicy powershifting stuff yet...

Can't wait to go to Sebring raceway next month and see what this baby can really do!

R
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
R
awsome x i told you, you would love the tune, now stop being a woman and get on the gas, the car is made for it and the tune makes it better, dude go out at a red light carefully and matt it, shift hard into 2nd and stomp it, you will feel a little neck gerk then go into 3rd and matt it, thats the strong gear. trust me dude you will love it, dont make me wait till i am down there next month to show you how to drive a csvt , but yes i am glad you are lovin it and didnt i tell you.

Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Originally posted by ryan(CF)blacksvt:
awsome x i told you, you would love the tune, now stop being a woman and get on the gas, the car is made for it and the tune makes it better, dude go out at a red light carefully and matt it, shift hard into 2nd and stomp it, you will feel a little neck gerk then go into 3rd and matt it, thats the strong gear. trust me dude you will love it, dont make me wait till i am down there next month to show you how to drive a csvt , but yes i am glad you are lovin it and didnt i tell you.

...you guys both suck

"Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but STUPID lasts forever."-Aristophanes. --93 pgt,headers,intake,borla=14.9 1/4mile
R
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
R
I had wayne set my rev limiter at 8000rpm on my xcal 2. what will the engine pull to though with factory svt intake manifolds and cams?

99 SVT "nice" 14.67 @ 92.6 mph (street trim) FOR SALE contact KEVIN.BOX@CINGULAR.COM http://www.cardomain.com/ride/1592122
L
liquidX Offline OP
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
L
Originally posted by racerbox77:
I had wayne set my rev limiter at 8000rpm on my xcal 2. what will the engine pull to though with factory svt intake manifolds and cams?

According to Ryan, his car continues to pull past 7,400 rpm since the air/fuel mixture is optimized, you now have a higher powerband. Amazing results that I can now attest to

S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S

Cameron 98 Black CSVT #2958
R
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
R
that didnt answer my question though. Demon stats what he thinks is "safe". I want to know what rpm the motor will pull till with stock intake manifolds and stock cams.
Demon? anyone know? dynoed? "seat of the pants" doesnt always mean its still pulling.

Last edited by racerbox77; 06/28/05 09:57 PM.

99 SVT "nice" 14.67 @ 92.6 mph (street trim) FOR SALE contact KEVIN.BOX@CINGULAR.COM http://www.cardomain.com/ride/1592122
R
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
R
it will keep pulling past 7500 but dont push it cause you are asking for problems then, once on the track i did it on accident and nothing happened but i wouldnt ever do it again, at about 7500 you get alot of power still but will go faster if you go to 2nd gear then 3rd at 7500 and so on and so forth.

J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
Originally posted by racerbox77:
that didnt answer my question though. Demon stats what he thinks is "safe". I want to know what rpm the motor will pull till with stock intake manifolds and stock cams.
Demon? anyone know? dynoed? "seat of the pants" doesnt always mean its still pulling.

It will pull until around 7200rpm when the stock cams give up, IIRC. Your quarter mile times will be faster because you are staying in gear longer. You will be into the 14s instead of right on the bare edge.

Justin 1999 Ford SVT Contour (T-Red) Cardomain site
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Up that hgh if you fast shift - the synchros have a hard time keeping up.

2000 SVT Turbo 295hp/269ftlb@12psi #1 for Bendix Brakes Kits! Knuckles rebuilt w/new bearings $55 AUSSIE ENDLINKS $70 Gutted pre-cats $80/set A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine!
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard