Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
P
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
P
Originally posted by MxRacerCam:
Originally posted by path914:
Dave,
I completely agree, and Grymes box kicks major a** (I love illusion audio ), however in this thread I have been keeping with the notion that they are looking for free-air applications only. Once you start to introduce suspended boxes the options increase dramtically.

they would still be free air in the application that dave is mentioning.

Lol, you're right of course... I'm not sure what I was thinking. Ahhh, its ben one of those weeks...

SVTatGT, basically it is just a box suspended from the rear deck. It would be attached where the factory hole is and the speakers would be attached to its sides. If you search for Grymes, you will see that he made a box with four speakers.

1999 Blk/Tan CSVT #654 - SOLD 2003 Suzuki SV650s
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
thanks

Cameron 98 Black CSVT #2958
D
I feel Guilty, Oh so guilty
D
Dave,
I completely agree, and Grymes box kicks major a** (I love illusion audio ), however in this thread I have been keeping with the notion that they are looking for free-air applications only. Once you start to introduce suspended boxes the options increase dramtically.

I am currently building a horn sub application for my car, btw...

I'm a little curious why? for a horn to work it's needs a massive amount of space. A car will prevent horn loading from occuring at low freq.

Don't get me wrong, it's always fun to play, but I'm not sure i understand the intent/

"If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit" -Mitch Hedberg
S
Captain Impound Boy
Captain Impound Boy
S
Originally posted by dnewma04:
Dave,

I'm a little curious why? for a horn to work it's needs a massive amount of space. A car will prevent horn loading from occuring at low freq.

Don't get me wrong, it's always fun to play, but I'm not sure i understand the intent/

You don't understand much

P
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
P
Dave,

Well, mostly for fun, but also it will be considerably more efficient than my previous single 12". This allows me to run it off the back channels of the same amp powering my front speakers, eliminating the need for another seperate sub amp.

I am using Bill Fitzmaurice's Autotuba design, which only takes a 32"x14"x14" box (not significantly larger than my previous box).

Autotuba

1999 Blk/Tan CSVT #654 - SOLD 2003 Suzuki SV650s
D
D
You mean the new driver will be more efficient?

"If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit" -Mitch Hedberg
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Dave,

Well, mostly for fun, but also it will be considerably more efficient than my previous single 12". This allows me to run it off the back channels of the same amp powering my front speakers, eliminating the need for another seperate sub amp.

I am using Bill Fitzmaurice's Autotuba design, which only takes a 32"x14"x14" box (not significantly larger than my previous box).

Autotuba

Wow his acoustic enclosure designs are f'en cool He know his stuff.

Image building two "David" speakers for your home!

2000 SVT Turbo 295hp/269ftlb@12psi #1 for Bendix Brakes Kits! Knuckles rebuilt w/new bearings $55 AUSSIE ENDLINKS $70 Gutted pre-cats $80/set A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine!
D
D
If you get a chance, check out www.magico.net

he was a DIYer, but has moved on to more commerical products. The designs are incredible.

S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
If you get a chance, check out www.magico.net

he was a DIYer, but has moved on to more commerical products. The designs are incredible.

SICK!

2000 SVT Turbo 295hp/269ftlb@12psi #1 for Bendix Brakes Kits! Knuckles rebuilt w/new bearings $55 AUSSIE ENDLINKS $70 Gutted pre-cats $80/set A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine!
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C

Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  dnewma04_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard