Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
So...It looks as if this isn't going to work out. Mirko says

Original Price - $250
10 People - $220
20 People - $210

And you have to add the $70 for shipping. So, your basically paying full price on the splitter and half off of the shipping. Either way you look at it, it doesn't look like they want to give us a deal. Sorry Fella's

2000 Contour SVT SF - #542 of 2150
B
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
B
Why hasn't anyone copied these?

If they don't want to play, we should find someone who will...

Originally posted by MapOfTaziFoSho:
Can u ask him to measure his shaft and compare it to your shaft?

P
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Are you volunteering to find someone?

M
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
M
Originally posted by wa2tuff:
If you want to play, you have to pay.

i hope you guys can keep the negative comments about mirko to a minimum. they are one of the few aftermarket suppliers we have left.

02 Mustang GT... Tuned by Nelsons. Low 12's, anyone? .....______ ___|______\_____ |/-\_________/-\_| .\_/...............\_/
K
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
K
if you think finding a new company to r&d a new splitter, make the molds, etc. is going to be cheaper and easier than just forking up the cash for a mirko you are wrong. its not that much! i will say i am surprised at how cheap some of you are!

on the other hand, a few months ago (while i was still in CO) i got in contact with someone local about making a CF mirko knockoff. it is a local company that does some great work with CF. i was basically inquiring as to how much work it would be for them to just make a mold of my mirko, then lay in the CF, not design a whole new piece. i know its not cheaper, but damm it would be hot! i never got any numbers, because i left before i got a chance to show them the piece in person. i figured very few, if any, people would want one because of the cost and it would basically be a show piece.

#4559 of 6535 born on Feb 17, 1998 Black 1998.5 CSVT FOR SALE [cleaning house]: SVT rear swaybar. Reasonable offer and its yours!
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Originally posted by MxRacerCam:
Originally posted by wa2tuff:
If you want to play, you have to pay.

i hope you guys can keep the negative comments about mirko to a minimum. they are one of the few aftermarket suppliers we have left.

No one is making negative comments about Mirko, or their awesome splitter. Some people are just frustrated that Mirko is unwilling to budge and give us a decent price if we do a group buy. Being that the price went up by 40-50 in the last month, I thought they would be willing to at least give us the old price if we commit to a 10 person buy. And as I stated before, they are not willing to give us a discount, let alone a price that they sold them at a month ago. No disrespect to Mirko in any way.

And to everyone saying stop being cheap...and pay to play...bottom line for me is...this is simply an appearance thing. It does nothing to improve performance and it just to change the front end look and make it a little more aggressive. You can buy bumpers for less than what they want for the peice of fiberglass. Do I want one, yes, is it worth 320 to me and about 90% of people on here, no. Thatys just how it is. 320 is half way to msds headers! No disrespect to anyone.

M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
Originally posted by posthuman63t:
this is simply an appearance thing. It does nothing to improve performance and it just to change the front end look and make it a little more aggressive.

did you know that mirko raced a contour svt? did you know that the splitter is functional? i dont know what kind of parts that you have bought for cars before, maybe a giant wing or something that was not functional, the mirko isnt that.

Oo (xxx)oO o xxxxxxxx o
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Originally posted by mikey boy:
Originally posted by posthuman63t:
this is simply an appearance thing. It does nothing to improve performance and it just to change the front end look and make it a little more aggressive.

did you know that mirko raced a contour svt? did you know that the splitter is functional? i dont know what kind of parts that you have bought for cars before, maybe a giant wing or something that was not functional, the mirko isnt that.

Don't even start man. I'm not here to start little fued with people 500 miles away. So don't go there with me. Secondly, my comment on the splitter as far as performance is that it doesnt increase power for the car. Something that is more important than an appearance item that "gives" the smallest amount of functionality in other area's.

M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
so people informing you on something that you were otherwise ignorant to is "starting something?" boy you have a tough life ahead of you.

"performance" is only an adjective used when it comes to power? so, if you dont get better performance from an aftermarket suspension set-up, for instance, then what term would you use?

the mirko is a quality piece, and as tom stated earlier, you have to pay to play.

Oo (xxx)oO o xxxxxxxx o
S
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
S
i think theyre more function then form. i dont like how they look very much but i would love to have one for when im theoretically doing 100 on the freeway.
i would definitely shell out the money for one of these if they were made of something besides "glass" ill break the sh*t out of this thing. im sure he designed it for track purposes, at least i would think so, but i think more people would spring for one if they were made of a more durable material. just my .02

Originally posted by Tourgasm:
Sometimes you can mess up a word so bad that spell check doens't know what the hell you're talking about.

Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  1314_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard