Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
P
OP Offline
P
I inherited a 1995 Ford Contour GL with a 4 cylinder automatic from my grandmother recently and know absolutely nothing about the car. It only has 34,000 miles on it, but other than that, I know absolutely nothing. I don't know the specs and I can't find any info online. I've googled repeatedly to no avail. I also don't know if I have a Zetec or whatever it is that my car is supposedly supposed to have. I really enjoy my car though and love it to death except for the fact that it can barely make it up hills. I have no idea what to do to increase the power in the car and would appreciate any help. I am sorry if there is a sticky somewhere but I looked through stickies for anything and found nothing. By the way....Hi everyone.

1995 Ford Contour GL with automatic tranny
M
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
First, welcome to the site. Anything you ever wanted to know about your contour is on here, or can be asked. I reccomened fimilarizing yourself w/ the site. My Home at the top allows you to edit your signiture, etc. Put your car year, model, engine, etc in your sig so when you ask questions people can help you more. Next, you stated that your car is a 4cyl, so you have a Zetec. If you want to do mods, check out the stickies in each forum... engine mods in Zetec Performence, suspension in the suspension forum, etc. You also want to check out your local forum on the bottom half of the main page to check for meets and events in your area. Lastly, remember to search! The biggest mistake noobs make is asking questions that have been covered many times. Search for your question, and if you can't find it, then post about it. Specs and info are available on the main page, contour.org. Have fun at CEG, it is a great place with unlimited knowledge available!

[color:"green"]-Matt R

'99 Tropic Green LX, Zetec, ATX
P
OP Offline
P
Thanks. I am confused though. I know ABSOLUTELY nothing about cars and the biggest problem I have right now is my car cannot move out of its own way to save its life. How much horsepower does it have and is there ANY way to up the power for really cheap?

1995 Ford Contour GL with automatic tranny
M
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
You were blessed w/ prolly the slowest car you can get. Look here , the sticky in the zetec performence forum. There isn't really any mods that will make a difference for cheap. A stock ATX Zetec usually puts down around 100 HP at the wheels... but it varies between every car from many factors. Proper maintinance will help you much more than anything.

[color:"green"]-Matt R

'99 Tropic Green LX, Zetec, ATX
W
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
W
Originally posted by Matt R:
Proper maintinance will help you much more than anything.

Start here! They run nice when tuned up.

2012 Lotus Evora --------- 95 Mystique MTX - GONE 395,000 Kms --------- Both Zetecs '97 Contour Mtx - stock - GONE
P
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
P
A stock Zetec has overall 125 or 130 hp. Yea they are a bit slow going up hills.

'98 Contour Pacific Green(Modded) http://www.cardomain.com/ride/676416 FS:'98-00 Contour front bumper.Brand new unused (Non-SVT)
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
As long as I'm not going less than 55 I can maintain speed up most any hill in 5th, and accelerate (gradually) on some hills.

Moderated by  Loco4G63 

Link Copied to Clipboard