Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
L
liquidX Offline OP
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
L
Ordered them today (The ones with ceramic that dust even less than the already low-dusting titanium ones). Got clean wheels? How is everyone that is using them here liking them and how many miles you pumpin out these mo phuckaz?

B
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
B
Well...I don't have the ceramics, but I do have the titaniums as well as the organics on the back, so here we go:

After less than 10k miles the front rotors have warped and grooved, no racing here, just commuting. The pads squeal for a moment when stopping from 50-60 mph as well. Dusting is less than stock, but still very much present. The rear rotors also have slight grooves and the pads dust MUCH worse than stock. Overall, the stopping power is adequate as a stock replacement, however, the rotor quality is very POOR.

And while all the band-wagoneers are going to jump my ass for saying so, I would not recommend these brakes.

98 C-SVT
L
liquidX Offline OP
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
L
Originally posted by bohdi:
Well...I don't have the ceramics, but I do have the titaniums as well as the organics on the back, so here we go:

After less than 10k miles the front rotors have warped and grooved, no racing here, just commuting. The pads squeal for a moment when stopping from 50-60 mph as well. Dusting is less than stock, but still very much present. The rear rotors also have slight grooves and the pads dust MUCH worse than stock. Overall, the stopping power is adequate as a stock replacement, however, the rotor quality is very POOR.

And while all the band-wagoneers are going to jump my ass for saying so, I would not recommend these brakes.

I had changed my rotors and rear pads about 4000 miles back so I only ordered the front pads with ceramic. Does this make me excempt of your conditions?

B
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
B
LOL....yes, I think you're exempt from my "conditions". Sorry, I was more or less making a general statement rather than directly addressing you. From all the "hoop-lah" surrounding everything I had read about the Bendix brakes, I almost began to wonder if they had the ability to raise the dead....

Personally, I'm not happy with my setup, they didn't live up to all the hype; however, I hope your pads turn out to be better than mine.

98 C-SVT
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Originally posted by bohdi:

Did you use the shims - because if you did, they shouldn't squeal.

The rotors are quality, so I don't know what's going on there.

FYI - the rear pads are the SAME as OEM install - yes, rear pads from the factory were Bendix. I puled a set off a 99 this weekend and confirmed it, and yes they were the original, the clips were still on the rotors from the assembly line.

Not sure what's going on with your brakes but you're the FISRT I've seen/heard with issues from my brakes.

If you warped them in 10K miles, you didn't break them in right to start with, and/or your "commuting" must involve some SERIOUSLY heavy braking.

2000 SVT Turbo 295hp/269ftlb@12psi #1 for Bendix Brakes Kits! Knuckles rebuilt w/new bearings $55 AUSSIE ENDLINKS $70 Gutted pre-cats $80/set A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine!
T
I have no life
I have no life
T
If I haven't warped mine then nobody should be warping there's! Must not be doing something correctly. Tq wheels to 90 ft. lbs? Over Tqing will cause warpage.

-'96 SE MTX 3L -'98 SVT 1,173 of 6,535 -'05 Mazda 6s, loaded, g/f's ride -Need a 96-00 manual on CD? PM or email me
Y
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
Y
Originally posted by Plain ole' todras:
If I haven't warped mine then nobody should be warping there's!

Why, because brakes on a running car are less likely to warp than brakes on a car that's sat for the last 2 years?

Mark

2000 Black CSVT 3.0L Hybrid - 206fwhp & 195fwtq
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Originally posted by Y2KSVT:
Originally posted by Plain ole' todras:
If I haven't warped mine then nobody should be warping there's!

Why, because brakes on a running car are less likely to warp than brakes on a car that's sat for the last 2 years?

Mark

Bwahahahahahahahahahahaha

06 GMC Sierra 2500HD Dmax/ally 06 Pontiac G6 GT 05 CRF250R FOR SALE 06 KX65 with riding gear $2700 obo
T
I have no life
I have no life
T
Umm I have them on my SHO and I had them on my Contour when it was running.

-'96 SE MTX 3L -'98 SVT 1,173 of 6,535 -'05 Mazda 6s, loaded, g/f's ride -Need a 96-00 manual on CD? PM or email me
Y
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
Y
Is your sarcasm meter broken today Todd? WTF's the status of the Contour anyway? And I thought I would have seen it at SZ05!

Mark

2000 Black CSVT 3.0L Hybrid - 206fwhp & 195fwtq
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Andy W._dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard