Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
I
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
I
so then, that means what?

how is that a factor when swapping an entire engine over?

IonNinja 2005 Saturn ION-2 Sedan 1996 Ford Contour GL - Collecting dust...Zetec project anyone?
H
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
H
Doesn't factor anything.

E
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
E
The blocks are the same on the tranny side and on the head side. The pre 98' blocks have a different timing belt setup. They also use different water pumps and accessories (Alternator etc.). The heads are different as well. The later blocks with the VCT have the camshaft sensor located on the exhaust camshaft side of the head instead of on the intake camshaft side. Not too sure, but I read somthing in a chilton repair manual about the 98' up heads having slightly larger valves. The answer is to get a 2000-up focus head. They have the cam sensor on the intake camshaft and they don't have the VCT on them and also use the same timing belt system as the 98-later heads/block. Other than swapping the head due to the camshaft sensor and possibly differences in the accessories run by the serpentine belt it is a straight forward swap.

95 Contour, Custom EVO bodykit, 2.0l, PNP Focus head, Stage 2 cams, Je pistons, Eagle rods, 4in1header, 2.5" header back exhaust(complete stainless), D P nitrous, ram air intake, 10mm wires, flamethrower.
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by ZetecNinja:
But I really want that engine + tranny for $500 ButtonPuncher!

Check your PM's. ...sorry...

Unfortunately I was in the right place at the right time.

Hopefully I can make it up to you by showing what a built Zetec Contour with a turbo can do.

Later,
BP

Ben ---'96 Contour GL * Zetec ATX * Tan on Black steelies--- +++JRSC M62 Under Construction+++ My big-a$$ mod list.
I
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
I

Guess my search continues, I'm suddenly feeling iffy on the 98+ swap.

IonNinja 2005 Saturn ION-2 Sedan 1996 Ford Contour GL - Collecting dust...Zetec project anyone?
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
I have a pre98 head for sale, good for a few extra HP.

Frank McCoy aka Mod-deth aka Mid Life Crisis aka SVT Doood aka mcgainer is a SCAM ARTIST Pre98 Zetec - Some Mods
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Loco4G63 

Link Copied to Clipboard