Print Thread
R
Rance Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
R
http://www.boosthead.com/faq.php

went to this website today and really got some good info on their products. If i were to go with forced induction on a minimal budget i probably would look into this. Definately not talking about the stupid ebay crap . But this product seems to be well worth it to me. What do you guys think.

I know this topic as been discussed before but i think there are some electric superchargers out there that actually perform .

what do you guys think

99greensvt true bendzw/magnaflo accelwires mircosplitter pioneer 6400 intrax springs rear strut bar removed door "ding" guards custom painted interior/leather magic.com kn filter drilled /slotted rotors
C
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
C
Sounds like something some genius should slap on the new hybrid fusions when they come out, then i might be tempted

99 T-green svt K&N & heatshield Opt. y-pipe Borla Superchip DMD Magnecore wires Metal impeller water pump BAT / Bilstein kit 21mm BAT bar w/ boxed subframe 215/45/ZR17 Toyo Proxes FZ on Rage 5.0's jimmkreider@yahoo.com
Z
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Z
looking at that site and seeing talk about extra batteries and 6-10 minutes charges for a 1/4 run it seems kinda wasteful...And if its not running all the time it must restrict airflow when off...not to mention all the cable that has to be laid down for extra batteries. And then locating them in a safe, non-mobile spot (i.e batteries located in trunk unsecured ). oh and don't forget that you need to upgraded to a 200+ alternater. So till your said and done you'll probably have a bigger pita and larger bill then a normal supercharger.

thats just my thoughts though

1998 SE Duratec V6 ATX Ebay intake with K&N Filter Trubendz Exhaust Custom Hood
R
Rance Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
R
yeah, the power isn't always there. you have to make sure your batteries are charged. but i cant beleive they knocked of 3 seconds in the quarter mile time for that altima. went from 18.8 to 15.5 . then they blew the engine.

well i would rather spend my money on a 3.0

99greensvt true bendzw/magnaflo accelwires mircosplitter pioneer 6400 intrax springs rear strut bar removed door "ding" guards custom painted interior/leather magic.com kn filter drilled /slotted rotors
Z
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Z
lol yeah you could probably do a 3.o c0nvo for that price tag. And remember the 1300 is only the unit, not the 40 dollars worth of 0 gauge wire you'll lay down, plus the price tag on those special fast charging batteries aren't even listed. I"m sure they are at least 100 a piece if not more. And I have no clue what a 200+ alternator would cost plus the pita to install it. Plus the whole idea of enough electricity that you installed is enough to burn a hole in the sheet metal let alone yourself (anyone see the golf tdi vid? doesn't take much to kill a car). Its another great step towards electric superchargers, but the system still needs more refining

1998 SE Duratec V6 ATX Ebay intake with K&N Filter Trubendz Exhaust Custom Hood
A
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
A
Like they said on the site: only makes sense for vehicles with no available F/I kits.

-Philip Maynard '95 Contour [71 STS | Track Whore] '97 Miata [71 ES | Boulevard Pimp] 2006 autocross results
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
It it is viable we will see more of it. If not, it will just go away. Keep your eye on it, we havn't seen the last of this concept.

Jim Johnson 98 SVT 03 Escape Limited

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard