Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 22 1 2 3 4 5 21 22
R
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
R
the xcal 2 just was released like a few weeks ago its alot better than the xcal 1 cause it has the datalogger in it, and the xcal 1 dosent. i just have a chip they all do the same things but you have the datalogger. we will all get the same gains in hp and tq if we all have the same mods, thats a verry wise choice of a purchase, who did you buy it from???

R
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
R
Originally posted by csvt(10mins)johnga:
guyz i got my sct flasher and i love it. im not doin anymore engine work untill my 3.0 swap nex year and right now this sct will keep me happy untill then .its great. so worth it. 350 for the flasher.go to hypillauto and look around on there. i was skeptiable at first but then i saw the difference.

i assume a dyno is needed to tune effectively for this.Yes?

99 SVT "nice" 14.67 @ 92.6 mph (street trim) FOR SALE contact KEVIN.BOX@CINGULAR.COM http://www.cardomain.com/ride/1592122
R
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
R
nooooo. thats whats soo awsome about sct no dyno needed

Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
i have a superchip and i notice no difference so with the new engine going in i figured i needed to do something...i couldnt get headers so this was next on my list

"Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but STUPID lasts forever."-Aristophanes. --93 pgt,headers,intake,borla=14.9 1/4mile
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by wa2tuff:
180 whp
155.8 wtq

I was hoping for 12hp to 15hp gain with the headers but actually saw no gains at all. I've done a few mods to my car but I was really hoping for something out of the headers. That's why I posted this, hoping that someone who knows can honestly tell me that a reflash will matter (or not ).

You should definitely see those type of numbers from the headers & y-pipe. The problem is you did not use the same dyno as your 1st dyno for comparison. The only way to document accurate increases is to use the same dyno and preferbly the same operator as well. Even then results could still vary but will be the best you can do.

Scott 2000 Contour SVT #1464 Mustang Dyno: 171.6hp/145.3lb Dynojet Dyno: 171.1hp/148.9lb 1989 20th Anniversary Turbo T/A "Indy 500 Pace Car" #1376 of 1550 All Original, 46k with a few mods 2002 F150 SuperCrew
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
The xcalibrator 2 is like a "lite" tuner.

It allows you to make very minor changes using the stock program as a base. It does not allow for major changes or give any real access to the PCM code. Think of it as a tuner for the typical bolt ons.

Don't get me wrong there definitely is nothing bad about that. It's quite a powerful tool for the $400 price range. It is much better then the MAF hacking devices like the S-AFC, E-manage, MAFterburner, etc. Just don't think it will give you full access to the tuning ability of the PCM.

2000 SVT #674 13.47 @ 102 - All Motor! It was not broke; Yet I fixed it anyway.
J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
Originally posted by DemonSVT:
The xcalibrator 2 is like a "lite" tuner.

It allows you to make very minor changes using the stock program as a base. It does not allow for major changes or give any real access to the PCM code. Think of it as a tuner for the typical bolt ons.

Don't get me wrong there definitely is nothing bad about that. It's quite a powerful tool for the $400 price range. It is much better then the MAF hacking devices like the S-AFC, E-manage, MAFterburner, etc. Just don't think it will give you full access to the tuning ability of the PCM.

I'm guessing that the Tweecer is the only way to acsess the PCM code. What are the advantages of that tuner over others? It seems to remind me of the LS1 Edit and HPTuner that the Chevy guys use.

Justin 1999 Ford SVT Contour (T-Red) Cardomain site
K
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
K
so its a decent option for anyone looking to optimize standard options like intake, headers, exh, etc.? basically for people not looking to the nth degree of tuning capability?

#4559 of 6535 born on Feb 17, 1998 Black 1998.5 CSVT FOR SALE [cleaning house]: SVT rear swaybar. Reasonable offer and its yours!
Z
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Z
Originally posted by ryan(10mins)blacksvt:
yeah after i about snapped your neck in my car from the power from a n/a 2.5 l,,,ask jcsvt,stripedsvt,and everyone at the bbq, almost everyone drove it. trust me its wellllll worth the money

yeah it was slower than x's svt with 20's....just kiddin ryan....i didnt drive it(damn alcohol) but i saw people take off in it and it looked fast.i know john was happy, it looked like he just lost his virginity for the first time.

R
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
R
exactly, thats the new way to explain it. the sct tunes will make it feel like that again

Page 3 of 22 1 2 3 4 5 21 22

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard