Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
When I took off my old CTA filter and bracket, I decided to change my intake around. I added the plenum back and got rid of a 90 degree elbow right before the MAF. Check it out...

The filter almost fits between the body and the radiator. It's probably not getting as cool of air as it was when I had the filter completely mounted in the fender. Putting the plenum back on has made a HUGE difference in throttle response and idle smoothness. It's incredible.

My old setup...

What I really like about the whole deal is that you can't even see the hole that I drilled for my old setup. It is completely hidden by the fusebox.

What do you think?

Later,
Ben

Ben ---'96 Contour GL * Zetec ATX * Tan on Black steelies--- +++JRSC M62 Under Construction+++ My big-a$$ mod list.
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Looks very sturdy and free-flowing! Well done!

C
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
C
see that is a fine setup for the zetec, much better than that sad one that was posted a few weeks ago, that person needs to check this out and write a few notes down. good work, looks nice and clean

steve

2002 Cougar 2.5 duratec/ mtx-75 85,0000 Mondeo ST-200 wheels/BFG KDW NT black/black Spec Stage 1 Torsen T-2 Trubendz 2.5 flowmaster dual exaust apexi s-afc II K&N FIPK
L
CEG road warrior
CEG road warrior
L
Nice setup.....need to clean up that valve cover!

Hector 2003 Rally Red Mitsubishi Evolution VIII 257HP/259TQ 2005 Lapis Blue Mazda 6s RET: 00 Cabernet Red Ford Contour Zetec ATX SUPERCHARGED 160HP/141TQ
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
The plenum over the TB (which I have been preaching on for over a year) is a very good idea.
Glad to see others doing some creative moding, good job!
Need to give the engine bay a good cleaning.

Frank McCoy aka Mod-deth aka Mid Life Crisis aka SVT Doood aka mcgainer is a SCAM ARTIST Pre98 Zetec - Some Mods
Z
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
Z
that is so sweet man, what did u use to make that?

1998 Silver Frost LX C-27 Kit, 19x7.5 42 offset Gunmetal rims, 20% tint, engine mods to come shortly... "It's never too late to be what you might have been."
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
Originally posted by zeteckit19's:
that is so sweet man, what did u use to make that?

do tell

- 95 Mystique LS - Zetec/5spd - 99 Contour SeVT Sport - Duratec/5spd Official NE-CEG Contour/Mustang Family
R
R_G Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Originally posted by Pre98:
Looks very sturdy and free-flowing! Well done!

B
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
Hi Guys,
Thanks!

For all of you that want to build one of these... I've gotta warn you that my CAI ended up costing a TON. Each one of those elbows and reducers runs about $35-45. I think my original setup was in the $400 range. With that said, here's what I used on the newest setup...

3 - 45 degree elbows $46 each
1 - 3.25" to 3.0" reducer (for the MAF) $35
1 - 3.5" to 3.0" reducer (for the plenum) $37
8 - 3" SS Liner hose clamps $3 each
2 - 3.5" SS Liner hose clamps $3 each
1 - K&N RF-1030 air filter $39
3' - 3" T304 SS Pipe $44

If any of the above links don't work...

Filter - AJ-USA
Reducers - TurboHoses.com
Elbows - Baker Precision
Clamps - TurboHoses.com
SS Pipe - JC Whitney

Also, please note that my filter doesn't fit between the body and the radiator. If you are going to build one of these, get a tubular filter not a tapered one. That way you can get it in front of the radiator. My car is running pretty well, but I can tell it's getting alot more hot air than the previous setup. I'd like to order a smaller tubular filter but I'm outta cash right now. You also can't have AC. The filter sits where the AC accumulator tank used to be.

Anywho... It looks like it will cost you guys $320 without shipping.

BTW, I also made a custom jig in order to cut the silicone 45 degree bends. Without it, the cuts looked like crap.

BTW#2, if you can find lower quality (non re-inforced) silicone elbows and transitions, that should cut the cost in half. Like Pre-98 said, the re-inforced tubing is incredibly sturdy and durable.

HTH,
BP

Last edited by ButtonPuncher; 06/21/05 04:18 AM.

Ben ---'96 Contour GL * Zetec ATX * Tan on Black steelies--- +++JRSC M62 Under Construction+++ My big-a$$ mod list.
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by LocoSCZ:
Nice setup.....need to clean up that valve cover!

I've got one on the way. ...and it's attached to a new motor.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Loco4G63 

Link Copied to Clipboard