Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
M
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
Some of the above listed problems apply, some are avoidable, some caused by abuse, some are easy fixes, some apply to certain model years. I have not had any of these problems.

All platforms have issues, driving habits and maint. play a big role in reliability.

1999 Toreador Red SVT, DOB 4/22/99, 2005 Of 2760. "Many posted questions are answered by farm boys"
K
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
K
Originally posted by Pope:

My SVT 'Tour happens to be for sale at the moment, details can be found in the classifieds.

What problems have you been having? Stick or Auto? Color? Options? How much are you looking to get out of it?

It's a Black 94 Mustang. Converted from Auto to a T5. It has 108,000 miles. There is a 5.0L V8 which is the same engine as the 87-93 mustangs. Most people don't know that the 94-95 were the last two years with the 5.0. It has black leather, 2003 cobra machined wheels, G-Force KDWS 275/40ZR-17 tires. Power everything. A/C. Basically here's a list of problems recently...

Last week the rear caliper failed and had to be replaced. I also had to do the rear pads and rotors. So they're all new.

There is a wierd vibration problem that started a month ago. If the engine goes over 3000 rpms you can feel a vibration, which gets progressively worse with higher rpms. This could be a bad trans mount, engine mount, or something isn't balanced in the clutch assembly. It has a King Cobra clutch and adjustable cable which I installed a month ago and that's probably what is causing the vibration problem. But I don't have time to tear the thing apart and see what's wrong.

The front brakes were replaced with 2003 Cobra brake calipers and 13-inch slotted and drilled rotors in January.

There's also a rust problem on the driver's side rear quarter panel. There is rust under the paint along the edge. When I bought the car in 2001 it already had this rust. But if you want to get it repaired you either need a new quarter panel or have a shop cut out that spot and weld in a new piece. Either way it's about $900 with paint everywhere I checked.

Other mods:

Bassani Stainless High-Flow catted X-Pipe
MAC 2.5" cat back exhaust
1" wheel spacers on back wheels

$2000 Focal/PPI/Alpine stereo that I'm not sure if I'll be including.

And here is a picture of the back of the car I took in March of this year (both pics don't have the wheel spacers on the back. It looks nicer now with the wheel even with the fender).

and another from Demember of last year:

W
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
W
Originally posted by KingDiamond:

and another from Demember of last year:

That's a good looking car...

Welcome to CEG!!

www.geocities.com/jesusfr7282000 Biblical principles work, there are no exceptions. 99 Suburban 03 Silverado 70 Skylark 79 Electra
R
"Absolut Rara."
"Absolut Rara."
R
The engine vibration you are having is more than likely a bad harmonic balancer. Not at all uncommon on the 94-95 cars with high mileage.

While it is possible, I doubt it is due to the clutch install; it is pretty tough to screw that up that badly and still have everything go back together at all. Unless you damaged something pretty bad.

btw, a better option than the rear wheel spacers, is to convert to an 03/04 IRS That's what I did w/ my 94 Cobra.

Balance is the Key. rarasvt@comcast.net
P
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
P
nice

87 Mustang GT 5.0L TURBO
J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
Thats a good looking 95. The only thing you will miss is the ability to get oversteer on command and being able to do burnouts without worrying about anything blowing up. Those are my favorite parts about drving a V8 Mustang.

Justin 1999 Ford SVT Contour (T-Red) Cardomain site
K
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
K
Originally posted by Rara:
The engine vibration you are having is more than likely a bad harmonic balancer. Not at all uncommon on the 94-95 cars with high mileage.

While it is possible, I doubt it is due to the clutch install; it is pretty tough to screw that up that badly and still have everything go back together at all. Unless you damaged something pretty bad.

btw, a better option than the rear wheel spacers, is to convert to an 03/04 IRS That's what I did w/ my 94 Cobra.

Yeah that's what I thought it was, I replaced the balancer with a new Ford Racing part and it didn't change the vibrations. I think either the pressure plate, clutch disc, or flywheel is out of balance.

K
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
K
Originally posted by J "BBQ"CSVT:
Thats a good looking 95. The only thing you will miss is the ability to get oversteer on command and being able to do burnouts without worrying about anything blowing up. Those are my favorite parts about drving a V8 Mustang.

Yeah RWD is nice but not during the winter. This is a torque monster, and the rear gear ratio was changed to 3.73 Ford Racing gears so 1st gear lasts only a second. It's almost impossible to hook up in 1st with street tires at WOT. And I had the rear diff rebuilt when I had the gears installed. So it's a fresh T-lok.

Y
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
Y
Have you had your driveshaft looked at? You might try and have it balanced, to see if that's what is causing the vibration. A buddy of mine had a similar problem with his Supercharged 92' LX.

Mark

2000 Black CSVT 3.0L Hybrid - 206fwhp & 195fwtq
K
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
K
Originally posted by Y2KSVT:
Have you had your driveshaft looked at? You might try and have it balanced, to see if that's what is causing the vibration. A buddy of mine had a similar problem with his Supercharged 92' LX.

Mark

Yeah it's not the driveshaft either, it does this even when revving in neutral when the car is at a full stop.

Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard