Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 26 of 31 1 2 24 25 26 27 28 30 31
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
That would work for lights I guess... but it doesn't shine up that well. I had a friend that had it on his mazda 3, as a clear bra and even after a wax it didn't shine like the rest of the car

M
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
M
Originally posted by TEAMSVTOUR:
or we can just add another $500+ product to the front of our cars that we will need to repaint beside the front bumper, and oval

Wonder why the new corvette,ferrarri,and any other car that have painted housings that has it done right have a lens covering the painted housing?

02 Mustang GT... Tuned by Nelsons. Low 12's, anyone? .....______ ___|______\_____ |/-\_________/-\_| .\_/...............\_/
T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
no not really its compairing headlights w/ headlights and which ones were designed properly. It has nothing to do with the cars themselves.

SOLD Polarg M-28 super bright white bulbs. Replace yellow stock license plate bulbs. See add in classifieds. WANTED:: EVO style CF hood
Z
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Z
you should be thankful that someone is even making these....there are no aftermarket lights for this car besides the ebay crap.....if you dont like them or dont think they are a good idea then dont buy them....its as simple as that.

M
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
M
no not really its compairing headlights w/ headlights and which ones were designed properly. It has nothing to do with the cars themselves.

yes, really.

contour=car that has been out of prodction for 5 years, and was a $15-24K car at the time.

c6 corvette=brand new production, and $50K car.

don't get me started on the ferarri.

plus, these are @$500 aftermarket headlamp assemblies, not oem at near supercar levels (go price them out if you would like to compare).

quit pissing on this thread.

02 Mustang GT... Tuned by Nelsons. Low 12's, anyone? .....______ ___|______\_____ |/-\_________/-\_| .\_/...............\_/
Q
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Q
Amen to that!

#3162 of 6535 98 SVT Silver frost Viper Responder 791 w/ 2way remote start Let the modding begin!
Y
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
Y

Not designed properly? Give me a f***in break! Until YOU come out with, or find a company to produce a better set, STFU! A lot of people(including myself) like the look of the Morettes, and the recessed lenses. But honestly, take a look at the lights, look really hard! How much painted surface is there to get rock chips? Not a lot! So like I said, if you get enough rock chips to require repainting them, you're out ~$50 or less. But if you want to tailgate every car to the point that you get THAT many rock chips, you deserve it anyway.

Mark

2000 Black CSVT 3.0L Hybrid - 206fwhp & 195fwtq
N
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
N

Wonder why the new corvette,ferrarri,and any other car that have painted housings that has it done right have a lens covering the painted housing?

Not 100% sure, but I would suspect on Corvette and Ferrari, those covers serve much more of an aerodynamic purpose than a paint protection one. Kind of how the old Jag E types had covers over their lenses.

Shawn Clone Jezabel- 1999 SE Sport V6 MTX- Severly wounded, comatose Silver frost/Black Exterior-Midnight Blue Interior The Firecracker- 1995 Mystique LS V6 MTX stock and backfiring like a rifle shot I have 3 loves, my God, Brittany, and my Car.
S
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by Y2KSVT:
But if you want to tailgate every car to the point that you get THAT many rock chips, you deserve it anyway.

Mark

"we aren't punished for our sins, but by them" 2000 se sport tropic green/gray leather. V6,svt body kit and E1 wheels/Avon tech m500 rubber, many mods. 2003 Eddie Bauer Explorer V8 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S 1996 Mercury Sable
T
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
T
Don't know if anyone has brought this up already but, while these lights do look amazing, I'm wondering just how well they will hold up to paint chips, rocks, etc. I'd hate to paint them and then have to re-paint every couple of months. If only there was a lens on the outside that covers the entire housing, they would be perfect.

I wonder if clear GTS light covers would fit???????

98.5 SVT FOR SALE $5000
Page 26 of 31 1 2 24 25 26 27 28 30 31

Moderated by  1314_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard