Print Thread
Page 15 of 31 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 30 31
J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
Originally posted by SVT PETE:
Originally posted by ryanblacksvt:
incorrect, the headlights would be the only thing needing fabrication each time you change them out, hoods are verry simple.

Have you ever had a CF hood on your car? Have you ever installed one?

Check Ryan's sig.

Justin 1999 Ford SVT Contour (T-Red) Cardomain site
R
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
R
yes i have a cf cowl hood on my car and all i had to do was bolt it on and its good to go. the latch is perfect. everything was perfect. only dremel work i did was to drill holes for the hood pins

G
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
G
Originally posted by J "BBQ"CSVT:
incorrect, the headlights would be the only thing needing fabrication each time you change them out, hoods are verry simple.

Check Ryan's sig.

I know, he has the cowl hood - which from the 4 that I have seen in person - require modifications. The OEM CF hood require mods that differ than the cowl hood.

I've installed 2 different types of OEM CF hoods and both required different mods to the latches - different from each other and different than the cowl hood. Getting the hoods to line up perfectly front-back and side-side was not easy either.

Maybe it's me, but I've never heard anyone claim that it's easy to swap hoods.

Capitol CEG Classifieds Make an offer! 2005 GTO IBM - 337hp/336tq
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by J "BBQ"CSVT:

Check Ryan's sig.

I know, he has the cowl hood - which from the 4 that I have seen in person - require modifications. The OEM CF hood require mods that differ than the cowl hood.

I've installed 2 different types of OEM CF hoods and both required different mods to the latches - different from each other and different than the cowl hood. Getting the hoods to line up perfectly front-back and side-side was not easy either.

Maybe it's me, but I've never heard anyone claim that it's easy to swap hoods.

so...how bout them headlights?

~Alex Ex- SVT Driver627 MUST SELL!!!LOCAL: Pre-98 MOLDED trunk Polk db speakers Corolla parts LED Underbody Kit PM 2000 Green CSVT gone on 2/17/06 2001 Toyota Corolla (SHE RUNS!!!) 1989 Mustang LX 5.0
T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T

A moderator hijacking a forumn... that's like Jesus Christ using God's name in vaine!

Just messin, had to drop that one on ya Pete.

As far as Your hood Ryan, in your pics, there seems to be a bit of a larger gap on the drivers side comapred to the passenger side, is there not? This is what adjusting takes care of.. hours of tinkering from what I have read.

2006 Pontiac G6 3900SFI GTP Coupe CAI, Stainless Cat Back, Vector Tune, Strut Brace, Eibach Pro Kit, Custom Made Projector Headlights, 4300K, 20% Tint Former Owner- 2000 "Stryped" CSVT CEG Dragon Run- Oct 13-15
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by LilStrypedSVT:

As far as Your hood Ryan, in your pics, there seems to be a bit of a larger gap on the drivers side comapred to the passenger side, is there not?

and the games begin!

~Alex Ex- SVT Driver627 MUST SELL!!!LOCAL: Pre-98 MOLDED trunk Polk db speakers Corolla parts LED Underbody Kit PM 2000 Green CSVT gone on 2/17/06 2001 Toyota Corolla (SHE RUNS!!!) 1989 Mustang LX 5.0
H
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
H
this pic looked sweet. Just had to share it with you guys.

http://www.morette.com/products/HEADLIGHTS/FORD/Mondeo/Mondeo%201997/HLMONDEO97.htm

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T
Been there, seen that. So what abotu Ryans hood... just messin.

I'm REALLY interested to see what design Morette has come up with for the SRT-4.

2006 Pontiac G6 3900SFI GTP Coupe CAI, Stainless Cat Back, Vector Tune, Strut Brace, Eibach Pro Kit, Custom Made Projector Headlights, 4300K, 20% Tint Former Owner- 2000 "Stryped" CSVT CEG Dragon Run- Oct 13-15
D
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
D
Is it just me, or does it look like the line on the Contours side (Runs from quarter panel to rear quarter panel, kinda creats a little flat shelf on the doors right under the windows) is missing on the Mondeo? Sorry if this has been asked before, and maybe my eyes are deceiving(sp?) me, but it looks like that, is that why body parts from the Mondeo don't match up with the Contour?

'99 Spruce Green SE "Sport" 'Tour, 2.5L MTX...80K and running like it just rolled off the lot. Tryin' to add an extra .5L ASAP
T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T
Amongst MANY other things, yes. I hear that the overhead console and the rear tailight bulbs are about the only compatible parts.

Page 15 of 31 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 30 31

Moderated by  1314_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard