Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
Z
This are the Raybestos Aimco-Gs
Raybestos (eco rotors)
Raybestos PG Plus
Bendix Rotors

I know a bunch of people shop at advance, which do you think? The eco rotors at half the price seem like a good deal, but do you think the higher price ones are worth it?

I'll wait to see what you guys have to say. I only have enough money for one rotor(friday is payday) unless I get the eco ones.

1998 SE Duratec V6 ATX Ebay intake with K&N Filter Trubendz Exhaust Custom Hood
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
The economy rotors will probably warp real easy. I wouldn't touch them with a barge pole!

2000 SVT Turbo 295hp/269ftlb@12psi #1 for Bendix Brakes Kits! Knuckles rebuilt w/new bearings $55 AUSSIE ENDLINKS $70 Gutted pre-cats $80/set A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine!
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Actually, minuse the packaging they look identical. I have bought my share of WEAREVER (which is the Bendix off brand IIRC) and they have been just fine for normal everyday driving (on my 90 SHO, which are notorious for warping rotors).

with that said, I don't know the exact differences between the two rotors (meaning how they are made and with what materials) minus the real world experience I have had with them. I have seem the huge prices differences (depending on the vehicle) between the two categories (Bendix & Wearever), and for hte normal driver the Wearever will do fine.

take it for what its worth.
Originally posted by Stazi:
The economy rotors will probably warp real easy. I wouldn't touch them with a barge pole!

Ryan Trollin!
Z
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
Z
haha What would we do without Stazi

I think I'm going to buy the Raybestos PG Plus

The Bendix isn't listed as a higher quality rotor. So I would guess to say it isn't. (If you have ever looked at bendix brakes descripts you'll know why). Raybestos Is "Labeled" a high quality, not to mention still cheaper then the Bendix. Unless anyone else something to say about them. The PG Plus is going to get my bid.

1998 SE Duratec V6 ATX Ebay intake with K&N Filter Trubendz Exhaust Custom Hood
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
I haven't looked at the PA website for brakes...

however, when I worked at the store, the in stock rotors were two grades. Wearever being the 'economy' rotor and Bendix being the 'top of the line'. However, the PA website has alot more choices than you can get at the store....

Ryan Trollin!
W
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
W
So Stazi, are the rotors you sell well balanced? Do they set on the hubs with very little play?
The mysterious vibration I've had turned out to be my rotors. I used a piece of aluminum foil on my hubs to take up the clearance, I wrapped it on like to take to make up several thousandths, then stuck the rotors on. Made a night and day difference right off the bat.

All of this after I replaced a hub AND a rim!

I need really need a new set of all four rotors but my pads are actually pretty thick and they are the Bendix Titaniums.

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Yes the rotors are balanced. They grind off meterial between the friction surfaces to compensate for unbalance.

2000 SVT Turbo 295hp/269ftlb@12psi #1 for Bendix Brakes Kits! Knuckles rebuilt w/new bearings $55 AUSSIE ENDLINKS $70 Gutted pre-cats $80/set A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine!
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Andy W._dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard