Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
J
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
I sold my Mirko splitter to MxRacerCam. His emails to me go essentially as followed: Splitter still available? I am still interested. $220 shipped it is.
No request for pictures, no questions, no concerns, just short and to the point. Upon shipping it, he told me that if it was damaged during shipping, he would refuse shipment, etc. I was fine with that, not his fault not my fault. He received it today and now says that it has previously been repaired and done wrong, requiring at least $350 to fix it in order for it to be paintable. Since I told him nothing of this, I just mentioned stone ships, that he is exceptionally disappointed and is sending it back, expects a full refund and return shipping reimbursed.
I stated everything about its condition in the classified ad, should still be there if you want to read it, and sent pics to anybody who requested them. I mislead nobody nor lied, now this is happening. I , nor anybody in my consent has even attempted to repair anything on that splitter. There is NO damage on it that would sacrifice its structural integrity or appearance. There are even chips on the edge of the splitter that I had painted over the second time because I didn't feel like trying to repair anything, it is in good overall shape. He threatened to take this to Paypal and the FBI. I told him do what he wants as I have done nothing wrong. Anybody have any input or advice on steps I should take? Anybody agree with his logic or thinking? Thanx guys, i'm glad this site is here for times like these.

99 SVTC, T-Red, #652/2760-12.8.1998 Mother#@%@!* did I sound abstract? I hope it sounded more confusin than that!
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
He failed to get questions answered, there are no guarentees on buying off a web forum if you ask me... I would always try to be as detailed as possible, and relist it on an ebay auction, and have the ad point to ebay... Safety reasons

Former owner of a 1995 Ford Contour GL w/ 2.0L ATX Proud owner of a 2005 Ford Taurus SE 3.0L V6 Vulcan --Looking for Commodore stuff (Drives, Units, Amiga, games, etc)If anyone has any of this laying around and wants it gone, lemme know --
P
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
P
if you have pictures of it before you shipped it, and copies of any emails you sent him and any he sent you, let him take it to paypal and the FBI, you can prove that you are not deceiving him.

87 Mustang GT 5.0L TURBO
M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
Originally posted by JonnySVT:
I sold my Mirko splitter to MxRacerCam. His emails to me go essentially as followed: Splitter still available? I am still interested. $220 shipped it is.
No request for pictures, no questions, no concerns, just short and to the point. Upon shipping it, he told me that if it was damaged during shipping, he would refuse shipment, etc. I was fine with that, not his fault not my fault. He received it today and now says that it has previously been repaired and done wrong, requiring at least $350 to fix it in order for it to be paintable. Since I told him nothing of this, I just mentioned stone ships, that he is exceptionally disappointed and is sending it back, expects a full refund and return shipping reimbursed.
I stated everything about its condition in the classified ad, should still be there if you want to read it, and sent pics to anybody who requested them. I mislead nobody nor lied, now this is happening. I , nor anybody in my consent has even attempted to repair anything on that splitter. There is NO damage on it that would sacrifice its structural integrity or appearance. There are even chips on the edge of the splitter that I had painted over the second time because I didn't feel like trying to repair anything, it is in good overall shape. He threatened to take this to Paypal and the FBI. I told him do what he wants as I have done nothing wrong. Anybody have any input or advice on steps I should take? Anybody agree with his logic or thinking? Thanx guys, i'm glad this site is here for times like these.

I know Dave...he's a good guy, rational. Idk what to tell ya as I haven't seen the splitter. Then I'll make my judgement.

Born again on 04/09/06 FOR SALE: Moonroof glass and motor MB sunshade PM ME!
J
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
Please take a look at it, there is nothing on that splitter that could possibly cost that much to "repair". I have the pics I sent him and other pics as well, and all communication between us. This has all just really taken a turn for the worse, i don't see why this is even happening.

99 SVTC, T-Red, #652/2760-12.8.1998 Mother#@%@!* did I sound abstract? I hope it sounded more confusin than that!
L
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
L
Originally posted by ContourKev:
He failed to get questions answered, there are no guarentees on buying off a web forum if you ask me... I would always try to be as detailed as possible, and relist it on an ebay auction, and have the ad point to ebay... Safety reasons

Mike 99' Silver CSVT 95' Silver Acura Integra www.latest-craze.com
G
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
G
I dunno about you, but I ALWAYS ask questions before I make a purchase with a higher cost.

Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, this time more intelligently.
M
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
M
our friend here neglected to tell me that this splitter had suffered some major damage and was repaired poorly. these flaws were immediately visible by the body shop that i had him ship it DIRECTLY to. yet these flaws were conveniently missing from the pics he sent me.

here's the skinny of it....

i offered to send this thing back at MY expense, so I would be out of the $60 or so in shipping, in an effort to get this resolved. instead, he essentially tells me that it's my own fault for not somehow asking him the right questions to find this out? WTF is that?

i'm saddened that this is the state of affairs these days. instead of an amicable solution, this is what i get.

edit...

btw, here's his ad verbatim...

" have a Mirko splitter for sale. It's painted Toreador red but that can easily be changed. If you prefer to keep it toreador red, there are minor paint chips from daily driving, other than that it is in good condition."

he then sent me six pics of it or so, so it's not like i bought this thing site unseen. he just conveniently avoided taking pics of the damage this thing has.

02 Mustang GT... Tuned by Nelsons. Low 12's, anyone? .....______ ___|______\_____ |/-\_________/-\_| .\_/...............\_/
G
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
G
have you taken pics of this damamge?

Formaly FLCEGkid Chris Bertrand 1995 Ford Contour Gl 2.5 V6 MTX FOR SALE! Somebody please buy my Fiberglas hood!!
M
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
M
i'll have pics up tonight.

02 Mustang GT... Tuned by Nelsons. Low 12's, anyone? .....______ ___|______\_____ |/-\_________/-\_| .\_/...............\_/
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard