Next Thread
Print Thread
#1285795 05/24/05 02:52 AM
B
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
B
figures, I go to SZ and have a great time and [censored] has to happen ...

first I get a P0430 twice while at SZ and got it as a pending code about 3 or 4 times

had a Silverstar fog lamp go, was only like three months old

and I almost got stuck on my way home from SZ ... I had this problem with the ignition this morning where it wouldn't turn to the start potiosion. no problem I turned the key all the way back and then it worked. well we stopped just into CT for a rest stop and it locked up completly ... I could only turn the key to run ... well I basically flipped ... was about to have a friend come get me so I could get some torx bits to get the to electrical part of the switch to start the car when I figured I might as well try push starting the car, as I would have had to move it anyway as I wasn't completely in a parking spot... well the two of us got the car rolling, luckly it was slightly down hill and I had just enought time and speed to hop back in the car, throw it in gear and pop the clutch .. needless to say I didn't turn the car off again and I didn't think that we could push start these cars because you needed the clutch out to start the car, figured the clutch switch would keep it from starting

so needless to say I have to take care of that now, the easy part is to intall a new ignition cylinder but the cost ... well maybe I can get one from someone parting a car as my father thinks and I agree we can program the new keys ourselves as the key only needs to be close to the PATS sensor for it to work

sigh ... and I was close to getting a guage pod w/guages possibly, but most likely not now ...

- 95 Mystique LS - Zetec/5spd - 99 Contour SeVT Sport - Duratec/5spd Official NE-CEG Contour/Mustang Family
G
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
G
I feel your pain Brian, my car is acting up, except my car starts but doesnt go in gear, and when it does and I begin to roll off, I hear a griny whiney noise and the car stalls..so right now my car is at the mechanic..oh yea I was comming home from the exhaust shop after getting my borla put on..

B
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
B
almost forgot I did the rear brakes before SZ because they were causing vibration. well just like last year at SZ my brakes are hummping like mad when braking at highway speeds, and its partly the rear, I can't beleve it, I even checked the lug nuts before leaving ... will have to sort out when I put the SVT front brakes on

- 95 Mystique LS - Zetec/5spd - 99 Contour SeVT Sport - Duratec/5spd Official NE-CEG Contour/Mustang Family
B
Learned patience the hard way
Learned patience the hard way
B
Brian, in regards to the brakes issue. Turn the rotors and or swap to new ones. Also, when you brake from highway speeds and come up to a light, if you can, don't leave your foot on the brake. The pads get hot and when you leave your foot on the brake pad material transfers to the rotor and causes a high spot making the pedal vibrate when you hit the brakes again. You can try re-bedding the brakes (i.e. 4 60-0 panic stops back to back) then driving for 20 minutes without touching them, and then some easy stop and go for the next 50 or so miles to see if that helps.

Rick

Owner of 00 #1611 Silver (Totalled) 98.5 T-Red SVT #6180 Buckshot77@msn.com Misc 3L parts for sale
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Time to break out the Mystique, I say ... you're lucky you've got a backup

W
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
W
Don't feel bad.....I have a host of "gremlins" that won't go away on the SVT. I think they are all vacuum-related in some way, but I can't find the leak. In my case, the idle will go up to 1200 rpm, hang there, and drop (after the car is warmed up) to 750 RPM....looks like it's time for a new IAC. I also found tha the tab that holds the PCV onto it's hose got brittle and cracked-the hose is still on, but who's to say it has a good seal. I think we all have something or other going on with our Contours

A1C Hodges, Christopher Active Duty USAF Sheppard AFB Texas;Westover ARB Chicopee, MA NECEG "Troll" formerly owned 2000 SVT Contour, with all kinds of goodies;)
B
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
B
Originally posted by 98 SE:
Time to break out the Mystique, I say ... you're lucky you've got a backup

yes, yes I am, but that was another story this weekend, have to post the pic, but basically the axle was rusted into the hub, father broke his harmonic balancer puller trying to get the axle out, ended up bringing a porta power home from work to get it out ...

Rick thanks for the input on the brakes. I think I realized what happened. The rear brakes were new the weekend before SZ. I did a few 40 to 0 stops with out getting into the abs, on those day or two I also parked the car without using the parking brake. and actually the brakes were fine on the way out to SZ. I think what happened this year and last year was i got armoral on the rotors when I cleaned the wheels for the show and shine, I know I did this year. This has to be the case because the brakes were great before I left, hopefully I didn't over torque any of the lug nuts. Hopefully I can just pull the rotors and clean them and take care of this hum, as there is little to no vibration from the brakes, I just get this humming noise when braking from high speeds

I also normally brake in stages, I will slow some coming to a stop, let off, then slow again

and if I luck out todras can get me locks and keys from the car he bought to strip

Last edited by brapple; 05/24/05 12:36 PM.

B
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
B
and now for the kicker. I pay for short term disability through work, suppose to be 7.04 a week and it was suppose to start imediately after I signed up. well a few weeks ago I email a HR person and asked about it since it had been awhile, well they finally started taking it out. Well this last check they take neear $100 for it, I just got back charged for it I think ... WTF

F
Smurfette
Smurfette
F
ugh what the hell?
best of luck getting things resolved man

Kim 1995 Contour GL Needs less "needs more"
B
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
B
well one thing will be taken care of, got a lock set from todras from the parts car he picked up

hopefully this is a turning around point, tuesday I amost got creamed by 2 large trucks at different times, one came around a corner and was completely in my lane, ran across a contour do near 50 on a wet back road, had a bmw tail me then blow around me on a double yellow lane road, while I was already going near 50 in a 35, he had to do almost 80 as I tried to keep up, [censored] .... cut a light through a parking lot so he didn't get stuck there with me behind him

then yesterday morning I get this kid in a jetta that seems to get mad I want to get around him, he has to take off and do near 70 on a public road with a limit of 40 mph, then on the highway he wants to race so I flip him off and he gets pissed, I take off and he follows, then I get on the brakes and let him go, let alone the people who can't drive because of how the weather has been ...

rant off

sigh ... i hate when so much crap happens after so much good

Moderated by  baco99, frenchblueC2_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard