Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
I guess i should have mentioned i have a UV curing system .

Check me out for awsome powder coating deals www.powdercoatingworld.com People shouldn't slam each other when posting, If you cant say something good to say then just hit the back arrow.
B
Redneck Troll
Redneck Troll
B
BTW, pass this message on to Bob:

Prebaking at higher temps only eliminates the outgassing making bubbles in the coating. It does not eliminate the metalurlogical change that happens that removes and/or alters aluminum heat treating at those prebake or cure temperatures in a regular curing oven! In fact, it makes it worse!

Powdercoatman, you will be O.K. coating rims if you use a UV cure system and/or low temp curing powder. Do not take the chance that Bob does with his customers' lives!!!

http://www.bnmotorsports.com "And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my CEG brothers. And you will know I am the Moderator when I lay my vengeance upon you."
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
The people who say that say baking aluminum aluminum/alloy rims is dangerous are idiots .I *am* an engineer, and molecular reorganization (annealing) only begins to occur at about half the melting temperature of the material. Since aluminum melts at 1220.58 �°F, you can divide that by 2 and see that you'd have to be curing powdercoat at over 600 degrees before affecting the strength of the aluminum. Alloys of aluminum typically mix in materials with even higher temps, so they are also no problem.

But you folks who think that powdercoating rims damages them...you go right ahead and think that, and send your customers over to "Crazy SuperMatty" and I'll gladly suck up your lost profits.

Matt

I didn't say any of this , jsut something I asked about, so I pasted the info here .

Check me out for awsome powder coating deals www.powdercoatingworld.com People shouldn't slam each other when posting, If you cant say something good to say then just hit the back arrow.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  1314_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard