Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
Originally posted by Obie1:
Just figured his is in better shape than mine right now!

If not running is better shape, then yeah, go for it.

Sh*t, you can have my keys while your at it too.

Tony 1998 SVT Contour (B/MB) #542 3L 1998 SVT Contour (SF/MB) #1266 parts car 2000 SVT Contour (SF/MB) #1533 3L swap to begin!
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Don't bother with trying to PM Terry; he cannot access them.
Email him instead: secondline@ameritech.net

2000 SVT Turbo 295hp/269ftlb@12psi #1 for Bendix Brakes Kits! Knuckles rebuilt w/new bearings $55 AUSSIE ENDLINKS $70 Gutted pre-cats $80/set A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine!
W
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
W
Alright fella's I'm new here but I thought we were supposed to be nice! I really don't think that terry is the only freakin person that knows how to fix one of these trannys. By the way my buddy Alan is not what I consider to be a redneck, maybe your just saying that b/c you see that i'm from AL, and you're ignorant, but the point is that he subcontracted it out to another shop. He wont tell me who and thats probably for the best. He has done three trannys for me and i'm more than happy with them. I'm planning on pulling the tranny, I have PM'd Terry but he hasn't got back with me but I'm thinking of doing it myself, There is enough step by step info on this site that anyone with a little bit of common sense should be able to do it.
Now I did alot of rambling before and i just did some more to set the record straight but don't worry about me, I'm a big boy, I asked a question and only one person seems to have noticed that!
No I havent checked what type of fluid is in it but will that cause it to grind even though the synchro's have been replaced 2x's?
I pretty sure its the fork that is keeping it out of 5th & R, but I don't want to tear into it and still have the grinding.

P.S. Grown folks are talking kids Shut-up!

Hey... I just moved to AL, where are you at in relation to Dothan, Ozark and Fort Rucker?

Anyway, you can pull the shift tower and manually push the fork to see if it will move. It might just be a cable alignment issue, or a shift tower issue.

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black
O
OB1 Offline OP
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
O
Originally posted by warmonger:
Alright fella's I'm new here but I thought we were supposed to be nice! I really don't think that terry is the only freakin person that knows how to fix one of these trannys. By the way my buddy Alan is not what I consider to be a redneck, maybe your just saying that b/c you see that i'm from AL, and you're ignorant, but the point is that he subcontracted it out to another shop. He wont tell me who and thats probably for the best. He has done three trannys for me and i'm more than happy with them. I'm planning on pulling the tranny, I have PM'd Terry but he hasn't got back with me but I'm thinking of doing it myself, There is enough step by step info on this site that anyone with a little bit of common sense should be able to do it.
Now I did alot of rambling before and i just did some more to set the record straight but don't worry about me, I'm a big boy, I asked a question and only one person seems to have noticed that!
No I havent checked what type of fluid is in it but will that cause it to grind even though the synchro's have been replaced 2x's?
I pretty sure its the fork that is keeping it out of 5th & R, but I don't want to tear into it and still have the grinding.

P.S. Grown folks are talking kids Shut-up!

Hey... I just moved to AL, where are you at in relation to Dothan, Ozark and Fort Rucker?

Anyway, you can pull the shift tower and manually push the fork to see if it will move. It might just be a cable alignment issue, or a shift tower issue.

I've only been to Dothan once but i think its 2 hours, its one hour from Opelika, Then back in the woods a bit. Thanks I'll try pulling that shift tower in the morning.

I don't "mod" I just fix what breaks! 98 CSVT #2527 T-Red (Limping) 98 CSVT #2228 T-Red (Donor) 98 SE Sport ATX V6 (Running again) If swimming is good for your figure, explain whales to me!
W
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
W
Ok, you're only a couple of hours away. I was hoping there would be some other CEG'rs closer to me.
Good luck with your mtx.

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black
O
OB1 Offline OP
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
O
Your site RULES!!

I don't "mod" I just fix what breaks! 98 CSVT #2527 T-Red (Limping) 98 CSVT #2228 T-Red (Donor) 98 SE Sport ATX V6 (Running again) If swimming is good for your figure, explain whales to me!
W
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
W
Thanks! It need some more work and a few people are working on improving some of the sections in their area of expertise.

I'm about to start on stage three of my turbo setup, I will be changing over the cheap modified manifolds to stainless steel headers. I have a lot of work ahead, but I think it will turn out really well.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RoadRunner_dup1, unisys12 

Link Copied to Clipboard