Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
O
OB1 Offline OP
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
O
I purchased my 98 csvt in about November. When I bought it I knew it was a fixer upper, but the lady that sold it to me told me that she had had the tranny rebuilt a few months earlier. She couldn't find her reciept but Gave me the shops name and# and said to call and give them the vin# and they could send me the records. Now this thing was grinding everytime you went near 2nd, 3rd was terrible, and if you were in it it would grind 4th, so naturally i didn't believe the lady.
About 3 months ago I took my baby to a friend of a friends shop. this guy has done several auto trannys for me, he even did my 98SE trans after i pulled it. So anyway he gets under the weather and instead of him calling me and sending my car back, he subs it out to another shop. I called the guy several times and finally yesterday he gets it back andhe tells me that they screwed it up! It won't even go into reverse or 5th, my brake lights were stuck on, and the B*$#H is still grindin' every once and a while in third!
Okay I went and got my car today,(4 the record I didn't give him a dime!)and I drove thru parts of GA & AL some interstate in 4th gear. I got it home and fixed the brake lights 1st. Then I start looking at getting 5th and R, but its not gonna happen, pretty sure i've got a bent fork there.
But the point of all of this is how can this thing still begrinding if the synchro's have been replaced twice?
2nd question is what does the Focus shift tower look like? I had heard that the contour one was plastic and the focus metal.

Sorry I got long winded but I'm pretty upset.

I don't "mod" I just fix what breaks! 98 CSVT #2527 T-Red (Limping) 98 CSVT #2228 T-Red (Donor) 98 SE Sport ATX V6 (Running again) If swimming is good for your figure, explain whales to me!
T
I have no life
I have no life
T
Step 1.- Stop having Rednecks repair your tranny.

Step 2.- Pull the trans.

Step 3.- Send it to Terry Haines.

How under a the "weather" was your friend that you couldn't wait an extra couple days for him to do it?

-'96 SE MTX 3L -'98 SVT 1,173 of 6,535 -'05 Mazda 6s, loaded, g/f's ride -Need a 96-00 manual on CD? PM or email me
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Originally posted by todras:
Step 1.- Stop having Rednecks repair your tranny.

Step 2.- Pull the trans.

Step 3.- Send it to Terry Haines.

How under a the "weather" was your friend that you couldn't wait an extra couple days for him to do it?

Step 4.- Get someone to kick you in the nuts for not following steps 1-3.

Honestly people - I don't know why anyone would trust someone other than Terry to rebuild their tranny These strip-mall tranny shops simply do not know how to fix/work with the MTX 75, so you may as well walk outside your house stop the first car you see and give them $2000 cash and wave good-bye, if you're gonna get some redneck to do your tranny cos it's the same thing.

2000 SVT Turbo 295hp/269ftlb@12psi #1 for Bendix Brakes Kits! Knuckles rebuilt w/new bearings $55 AUSSIE ENDLINKS $70 Gutted pre-cats $80/set A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine!
T
I have no life
I have no life
T
You think for being a Jedi Knight he would have felt the need for lube in his near future.

-'96 SE MTX 3L -'98 SVT 1,173 of 6,535 -'05 Mazda 6s, loaded, g/f's ride -Need a 96-00 manual on CD? PM or email me
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
You think for being a Jedi Knight he would have felt the need for lube in his near future.

Ryan Trollin!
Y
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
Y
Originally posted by Stazi:
I don't know why anyone would trust someone other than Terry to rebuild their tranny

Meh..... I don't know about all that.. My tranny has been holding up really well with the rebuild, 30k miles ago.. Not to mention, this was when the 3L was also installed, and the car has seen several powershifts in those 30k miles.

Mark

2000 Black CSVT 3.0L Hybrid - 206fwhp & 195fwtq
L
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
L
what kind of fluid is in the trans?

98 svt sil/blu 3.0 oval heads full P&P, msds headers,bat kit,2,1/2exhaust 30 inch glasspack and 2 spintech mufflers 14.78@94mph with my mechanical arm i can shift gears in less then a twentieth of a second for sale $7000
T
I have no life
I have no life
T
Originally posted by Y2KSVT:
I don't know why anyone would trust someone other than Terry to rebuild their tranny

Meh..... I don't know about all that.. My tranny has been holding up really well with the rebuild, 30k miles ago.. Not to mention, this was when the 3L was also installed, and the car has seen several powershifts in those 30k miles.

Mark

You got lucky & got someone knowledgable. The 1%-ile.

T
I have no life
I have no life
T
Originally posted by lowbudgetracing:
what kind of fluid is in the trans?

Does it really matter? Unless they dumped 5W-30 in it.

R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
You mean Ford dealerships have good mechanics?
Originally posted by Y2KSVT:

Mark

You got lucky & got someone knowledgable. The 1%-ile.

Ryan Trollin!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RoadRunner_dup1, unisys12 

Link Copied to Clipboard