Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
E
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
E
Geez, that is like the price BMW owners pay for a "tune up" on their car. That is outragous! If all they did was injector cleaning, spark plugs and wire, and oil....that should cost no more than $250. And that would be for a chemical cleaning of the injectors ($80 normally) instead of just normal fuel injector cleaner stuff put in the gas tank. A CEL is normally because of an O2 sensor. Not sure of the cost of those things, so you might want to ask around for those.

95 SE MTX svt exhaust intake deer killer
E
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
E
Just remember, learn all you can before you go to a place....knowladge is power (just look at that spelling...geez...no woner why no one takes me seriously). LOL

95 SE MTX svt exhaust intake deer killer
T
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
T
Post the scan minus any information like name and credit cards ect..

Do you have any car part stores in town? You should try calling any of them on the phone and ask about pulling codes. Odds are you can have this done for free if you keep asking.

Until we have the codes there in not much more for us to do here. And if they are 40$ over Ford, mind that Ford is already higher than most shops, then yes you got shafted.

List the store and people that work there and lets be sure none of our friends ever go there.

P
OP Offline
P

Hi again!

Okay, looks like I'll have to make the trek to Autozone in Laurel, MD. I'm in Silver Spring and the Laurel location seems to be the closest one. I've been to a couple Autoland (?/I think that's the right name) parts stores and they sell OBDII scan tools, but they can't do the check-up because of Montgomery County laws While I am on the subject, I found this on ebay and was hoping someone here could tell me if it's a worthy purchase:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=4549118219&category=43989

As soon as I can get the codes, I'll post them, but in the meantime, say a prayer to the Contour God in the sky for me .

Thanks!!
Paula

S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Yes and no. If you think you're going to need to read codes a lot then yes. But seeing as AutoZone does them for free why bother?

2000 SVT Turbo 295hp/269ftlb@12psi #1 for Bendix Brakes Kits! Knuckles rebuilt w/new bearings $55 AUSSIE ENDLINKS $70 Gutted pre-cats $80/set A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine!
T
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by paulab12:

Hi again!

Okay, looks like I'll have to make the trek to Autozone in Laurel, MD. I'm in Silver Spring and the Laurel location seems to be the closest one. I've been to a couple Autoland (?/I think that's the right name) parts stores and they sell OBDII scan tools, but they can't do the check-up because of Montgomery County laws While I am on the subject, I found this on ebay and was hoping someone here could tell me if it's a worthy purchase:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=4549118219&category=43989

As soon as I can get the codes, I'll post them, but in the meantime, say a prayer to the Contour God in the sky for me .

Thanks!!
Paula

God, I hate those county laws.
Being a Florida man here, I can understand what it's like.

That is a cheap scanner and should do the job of reading and clearing the engine codes. I payed around 120$ for mine, but it does a little more. I still need to get a laptop version.

Anyway, for now just drive to an Autozone and have the current codes pulled so we can get moving on the real problem.

J
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
J
http://www.autozone.com/servlet/UiBroker?UseCase=ST001&UserAction=displayStoreLocator

There's AutoZone's online Store Locator. Just put your zip code in (I used 20901 as a general SS zip since that area has a bunch ). I came up with approximately 10 AutoZone stores w/in a 10mi. radius so it shouldn't be too hard to find one nearby. If it comes down to it I have a buddy who owns a garage in Gaithersburg who may have a code reader, but I'll have to ask him tomorrow night when I see him. Hope this helps some...

Ben *now* '00 CSVT T-red/tan #1684/2150 *sold* '92 Galant VR-4 #580/1000 *sold* '93 FD3S TT
P
OP Offline
P
Thank you, Johnny Bravo. I appreciate it. I'm going to drive to the Autozone in Laurel after work and get them to check it so I can get the code(s). I'll post as soon as I have it....or them. I sure hope that it's nothing. I've had enough car problems to make the average person keel over. It isn't like I drive like a bat out of hell either---ha ha. I'm very careful. I like the way that the 'Tour handles, it's the sheer cost of keeping the beast on the road that's killin' me. I don't like to employ the word 'Lemon' here, but I've often wondered why FORD no longer makes the Contour. Oh, by-the-way, once I get the code(s), and if need be, I hope that someone can recommend a mechanic that won't rip me off. Been there too many times.

Kind regards,
Paula

Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
...you can pick up a scan tool for 79 at az..its basic but it'll pull the codes and leave out all the sensless guessing the scanner does.........or you can go to wally world buy it use it and return it..that my method with that store

"Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but STUPID lasts forever."-Aristophanes. --93 pgt,headers,intake,borla=14.9 1/4mile
P
OP Offline
P
Hi all!

Paula here...again Just got back from Autozone in Laurel. They were real nice there. A gal came out and hooked the gadget up to my car to get the codes. Here they are:

P0401
&
P0402

I hope to crud that these are NOT 'danger' numbers--ha. Please, any advice you can give is greatly appreciated. Gentlemen, start your troubleshooting skills ! If there is any more information that I can provide, let me know. As stated prior, I just had a complete tune-up and oil change, along with fuel injectors cleaned. Thanks for all of your smarts!

Kind regards,
Paula

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard